Good components to run from Stock HU

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 3125
Just incase i do decide to swap out my components from stock.... what are some good clean ones that will still get loud and not get distorted on a stock HU? (03 caddy CTS)

If in the end it doesnt sound good i will amp them but i am trying to refrain from running new speaker wires... but the HU will ALWAYS be stock unless i go Indash DVD.... and can still keep the controls... the only way its really worth it.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3127
" but the HU will ALWAYS be stock unless i go Indash DVD.... and can still keep the controls... the only way its really worth it."

Fu ck the controls.It's all about getting great SQ out of a good sound processor.That is the actual purpose of the HU is it not?-As opposed to keeping your "Controls".

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 3132
Controls Not working = car value drops alot
Also it would look rediculously ugly in this car with the way the dash is designed... its basically all one piece.. in different sections...remove one and its like a person with no head in a sense... gots other controls that arent going to work... also the radio controls the computer personalization settings... way to much for me to want to deal with.... if i went that route im going to a sound shop because of the risk of fu<kin anything up... I am getting things like the JL Cleansweep, im still looking around for everything that improves SQ from stock HU's also this isnt a bad headunit for stock compared to previous ones ive used.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us