Which dual voice coil subs are the best.

Username: Scott_shumpert

Anderson, South Carolina United States

Post Number: 9
I need to get two new subs and i'm thinking about dual voice coil subs. I need some advice on which ones are the best.

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1903
most subs are dual voice coil....theres lots that are good....depends on what amp you got to decide what will work best. How much u lookn to spend? and how much power you runnin?

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 3115
LMAO such a noob question DVC doesnt mean anything in picking a sub its just an option mainly so the sub can have more wiring options, also to increase the power handling.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team RevolutionImortal Box ...

Post Number: 8066
Alpine Type R!!!

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 431
FUNKY PUPS!

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SQ IS THE ONLY WAY

Post Number: 13595
killa there are some single voice coil subs too. like the sound splinter rl-s is a single vc.

don't call someone a noob just because they asked a question.

scott how much power are you planning on using? how much are you willing to spend?

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1355
depending on the voice coils on the sub(s) it changes at what ohm load it puts oin the amp.

For example if you are getting 2 subs and a 1 channel amp to get the power from the amp at 1ohm you would need dual 4ohm subs. To get power from the amp at 2 ohms u would need dual 2ohm subs.

Heres a link to a wiring diagram that shows how to wire the subs and what voice coil configuration for the subs you should get so you can choose which subs to buy:
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 743
killa u was a noob once too... this guy is tryin to get help so help em dont call em names

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 3123
Chad i know subs are available SVC, QVC to... it just sounded noobish "which ones are best" almost EVERY major sub is DVC and some available in QVC so it really cant be answered without a budget

And re-read that if you think i called him a noob....

"LMAO such a noob question"

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1972
The ones that fit your amp load.

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 628
GREAT phucking answer Joey

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2086
well the lmt tech from tc sounds is svc and that is a damn good sub, but you have to find an amp that puts out that much power at 4ohm

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2087
and i remember when killa was a noob, a long time ago. hell i remember when i was a noob too. and as far as subs to amps it is easier to start with your amp then your subs, when you already know what you amp can do you just amtch the sub to it. imo
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us