Question on sub boxes?

Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 5
I have a question on sub boxes? I have a Rockford P3 4ohm 12" sub in a vented box and it doesn't sound that good. It wont hardly hit the real short and quick notes and only hits hard on deeper notes that drag. My box is 1.8 cu ft total (1.5 cu ft w/out vent). Is this box to small for this sub or does it sound like my box is tuned to high? Could the type of amp i have make a difference? I don't know what to do. If it makes a difference i could post the dimentions of the box.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2767
Well RF punch series subs are not real good to begin with..... but yeah it is probably the box. It needs to be built to the subs specs.

Is that box not designed for those subs? Or is it a prefab box? If so thats the problem right there.

Silver Member
Username: Mesodumm

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 115
here is the link it says 1.79 cu ft
1 4x10 port

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/scripts/rightnow.cfg/php.exe/enduser/fattach_get. php?p_sid=5Ux1ZLCi&p_tbl=9&p_id=825&p_created=1168294234

Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 6
the port hole is 1.5in x 13in. and it is a prefabricated box. its the slot style vent and it runs all the way down the side of the box and halve way across the back on the inside. How much do you think a custom 1 chamber box will run me?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us