Speaker powering ?

Silver Member
Username: Blkwardog

Adel, Iowa Usa

Post Number: 130
alrite srry if this is a stupid question but i was wonderin if i cut off power from my rear speakers wen i got my sub in, could i run two channels off my h/u and giv my two front speakers twice the power??

Gold Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1308
Yes.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4246
no i dont think so

Silver Member

Adel, Iowa Usa

Post Number: 131
lol well now there are two different opinions so if i can jus get a few more ppl to look at this

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1310
Sorry, blkwardog, I misunderstood your typing. I thought you meant if you bridged 2 channels. If you're simply disconnecting 2 channels, the other 2 don't get any more power. If you bridge both sets of channels, then each bridge would give you twice as much power or something similar.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4248
i dont think you can bridge the channels on a HU though oleg, unless the HU says you i wouldnt

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1311
I think he wants to run rear speakers off the HU and front off the amp, am I right, blkwardog? Anyway, you can't bridge HU, but you can bridge bridgeable amps.

Silver Member
Username: Clouduz

Post Number: 194
if you mean powered off the Hu i wouldn't most are made to be bridged, if you mean an external amp, yep thats the way to go just make sure you have your ohm load correct

Silver Member

Adel, Iowa Usa

Post Number: 133
no i was jus talkn off a h/u with no amp. but u guys are sayin i shouldnt even try to bridge it into the front two then? i was jw anyway cuz one of my back speakeres is blown and wen i get my sub in i plannd on disconnectin the rears

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1337
Just disconnect the rears and leave others as is.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us