Quick tweeter advice please

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 998
so im still planning out my component setup and i was wondering if anyone has ever used or even heard what how good these titanium bullet tweeters are.
thinking about a set like this possibly
http://cgi.ebay.com/3-TITANIUM-HORN-SUPER-TWEETER-600-Watt-FREE-KIT-4420_W0QQite mZ270108813967QQihZ017QQcategoryZ14943QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member

Post Number: 999
not neccessarily how good these in paticualr are but bullet tweeters in general. ive never seen anyone use them before

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1584
I have seen those before but never actually heard a system with them. I would imagine they would be very directional though.....

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12105
all i can say is OUCH!!!! those things will make you go deaf. if you like extreme high sounds then go for it trey. i am more of a mid and bass sound loving person.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1002
yeah i def know what you mean chad but the problem is i cant hear any highs with my bass...lol but im guessing these tweets would way overcompensate??

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1589
What speakers and subs are you runnin now?

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12113
if you get that then all you would hear is

SHEEK SHEEK BOOM BOOM. lol. without the proper mid to balance things out, it is going to sound terrible.

do you have an amp powering your speakers? also what kinda speakers do you have?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1004
right now i have a pair of CHEAP ultra linear mids for 19 bucks from ebay on a KX350.2 with gains realllly low. but what i want to do is put a good mid like tang band or dayton 6.5" on a passive Xover with a set of bullet tweets do you guys think that would produce a smooth sound? im not looking for an audiophile system but i would like to have some vocals i can hear when i am listening to my music. granted im not hittin huge numbers im prolly doin low 140's with music off of 2 15's ported at 37hz with 1500 rms or so.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12116
i would get a comp set instead. don't get cheap on me here trey. get something good. to me a good set of component speakers make a good system.

i say that cause i am not a fan of mix and matching tweets and mids. you have a good amp already now get yourself a nice set of component speakers.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1006
lol, i guess ill give those crystal sscs a try everyone raves about them
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us