Same Stupid Quetsion a Million Times,,,this time its direct

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 404
Alright I'm sorry, i know i am a pain in the butt, but i keep getting half answers and accepting them, but its never getting me anywhere.

Okay, so here is the deal, I have a Nine.1 Mono amp with 4 terminals (2 positive) (2 Negative)
From the first positive i need to get to one sub and split it into 2 (the sub is dual voice coil). this is the same for each amp terminal... because i am wiring down to 1 ohm.

How do i do this...how am i going to split the 1 single bare wire 12 guage speaker cable into 2 terminals? is there a particular spliter? do i cap it?

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 1382
ok im guessing the subs r dual 4
just hook all positives together and all negs together and use 1 set of terminals on the amp

Silver Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Georgia, DiRtY SoUtH ... 2 18 SX w/ ...

Post Number: 222
How many subs do you have? What is your voice coil config(dual 2 or dual 4)?

Here is how to wire two dual 4 subs to 1ohm:
http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/2023/2dual4subs1ohmjm9.jpg

Silver Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Georgia, DiRtY SoUtH ... 2 18 SX w/ ...

Post Number: 223
Let me ask you something else Mike.

How do you end up with 400 posts and not even know how to do something as basic as what you are asking about?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 11272
MONO means 1 !
so whether ur monoblock has only 2 terminals or "4" terminals its still connected together internally - some makers just put 2+ & 2- to make it convenient to wire 2 or more subs ......}}

Silver Member

Post Number: 405
Alright, so let me continue to ask this....I understand the idea of how to do this...i know that the positive go to positives, and the negatvies go to negatives...that has been answered....

what is not being answered is...(read carefully please)

This means that a wire needs to go from the amp....then split into two, so that it can go to 2 different positive terminals... how do i physically do this...is there a particular type of spliter? or do i just use a cap? what is the best way to do this

[IMG]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f229/Afroopuff/geragerg.jpg[/IMG]

This is showing exactly what i mean...how do i physically split the wire...because i cant just put two wires into the terminals...the wire is too big

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6104
You can solder/wire twister cap or power distribution block.

Silver Member

Post Number: 406
so your saying if i cap it...in order to make it sound nice i have to solder it....so that cancels that out cuz I dont have the ability to do that...power distribution blocks...is that for power only or can i do that with a speaker wire as well?

Silver Member

Post Number: 407
also, why is my system working like this and no1 else has this problem... I'm running two arsenals to a NINE.1...its been done a milion times, how come mine is retarded...what am i doing that seems wrong in order for me to need the distrubution block

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1460
Mike, twist the ends of both wires together and put it in the terminal. Problem solved. Do that for all terminals. Speaker wire does not need to be heavy gauge at all, you should be able to fit it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 408
Ya M.S., my thoughts exactly...im running 12 guage...thats pretty damn small, and i sware i cant twist the thing in the terminal... that or im just retarded (definitly don't count out the second one)....

So i should be able to just twist them, and i need to just work at it a bunch...if it never works then go to a distributino block...Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1463
You don't even need 12 gauge for speaker wire. If it doesn't fit, get some 14 and try that.

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 940
Just add a bolts and wings to your box (4 for each sub) wire + and - to each bolt and on the outside you can connect each terminal as you need to change. This makes for fast and easy ohm changes (if need be)

You need 4 bolts, 4 wings and 8 washers as well as 4 end wire terminals to put the wire inside to clamp around the bolts.

[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1056/boxia4.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

RED wires are inside the box each goes to its correct - or + terminal
GREEN connect + with + and - with - outside the box
PURPLE is the wire that goes to the amp terminal

Keep in mind you would have to do this twice as this diagram is for one sub only!

Hope this helps as I use this set up
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us