Thump sub box measurments

Anonymous

Hey i was just wonderin if anyone out there could help me wit somtin. I have been surfin the internet 2day and i cant find what im lookin for, probably not lookin hard enought but o well.
So i here is what i want i bought a 15 inch THUMP T1546 700 watt max 350 RMS. Now what i am tryin to find is box measurments style that kind of stuff for like best bass. o ya and umm i am thinkin i got a good deal on it 2 i payed 45 + tax for it i think that good deal, is it??? PLZ REPLY FAST want to install it soon.

Sorry but true
Unregistered guest
Well, There is nothing you can do to make those subs sound good. They are some of the worst made. Sorry but it is the truth. If you would have said 45 cents then I would say you got a great deal.

Anonymous

well thanx for tellin me that it is a shity deal but can u atleast tell me the best measurments to make them sound the best they can. PLZ

Sorry but true
Unregistered guest
No, there is no way. I'm telling you the truth. They don't have any bass come out of them. A low class 8" sub can out bump a thump. Sorry! Wish I could help you.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2658
check eBay for a premade ported box for a 15"
then just cut the port to tune it to the sub

Anonymous

thx glass wolf but i dont really have the money right now so i was hoppen that someone would like just have box measurements. and srry but true u can like go fu*k urself cuz i dont care wut u think i dont want no big show of stereo i just want something just for a stereo..

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2672
I see the ebay boxes sell for $40, but the shipping would be at least $50 more...

look at www.bcae1.com and www.the12volt.com
they ahve online calculators for making a box based on the specs of your sub

Sorry but true
Unregistered guest
No B*tch, Fu*k You! Your the dumba*s that bought Thump, HAHAHAHAHA!

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 526
ahahahahhahhahahhahaaha......

children, both of you....face the corners, you're in time out

Anonymous

k well thx for that but fu*k man im like havin a hard time findin out how 2 figure out the interior volume in cubic feet for my sub now. this makes me mad. but anyway umm i dunno lets c ill tell u the info on my sub its a T1546 THUMP 15" 700 watt max 350 watt RMS, Frequency Response: 25Hz-2500Hz, Sensitivity: 94dB 1m/1W

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2693
go to www.bcae1.com
they have calculators for all of that

Anonymous

could you tell me were abouts at bcea1 this thing is. i would like one to tell me how big i need to make the box from the info about the sub like i said before. if u could a link to the calculator would be great

Anonymous

thump subs are kool man! they were my first subs and they were good for first subs.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2720

http://www.bcae1.com/spboxnew2.htm

Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 9
Just make some big sealed boxes for them. Make a dual seal box.
Measurements - Exterior=34"x17"x17" this is how big it will be when it is built

Use 3/4" MDF or Medium Density Particle Board
An 8'x4' sheet is about $20
Use 1 1/2" drywall screws, wood glue, and clear caulk to put the box together.

A=front and back (you need two)
B=top and bottom (you need two)
C=Sides (you need two)
Divider=This is place in the middle of the box so that it does not flex (you need one)

Cut the Peices
A=34"x17" (2)
B=34"x15 1/2" (2)
C=15 1/2"x15 1/2" (2)
Divider=15 1/2"x15 1/2" (1)

On one of the "A" peices cut the holes for your subs. They should be 13 11/16"

I hope this helps you for your box!

jraudio
Unregistered guest
Man a thump 10" dual voice 4ohm 1200watt sub will knock like a mofo...but you need a box..a good box for a thump is a VENTED sub box..try searching ebay for vented sub boxes..make sure they have the ports going two ways ..in the to the right or left its gota curve to have a low freq. make sure it is 35hz or less...have the box 12 to 15in deep and make sure you dont buy a shi*ty one..i had four 10" thumps with 2 r&f 1000 watt amps running them..2nd place for show fest 2002 sound comp..don't listin to these know it alls they dont know sh*t about sound..its not the subs name that counts..its how you hook them up..you need the right space and air for it..buy a box dont build!!!

sorry but true
Unregistered guest
Well, you just let everyone on this message board know that you are an idiot. Thump is one of the lowest quality brands known to man. The only reason you said to buy a box and not build is because you don't know how. Don't feed the poor guy a line of sh*t.

Anonymous

ya thats wut i think to like really ya i tell all my friends this to bout its not the name its the way its hooked up..... like ya some subs are more for bass and compitions and sh*t but ya well ya thx for that i know my sub seems pretty good my friend has one like it and he made a box for in his car like it was cheap @$$ sh*t didnt really care it was just for a while but ya it was pretty damn good and he didnt brige the thing or anytin. ya funny thing is i got a old house amp for my room and i run some car subs off that thing and i hooked my thump up and she pumped pretty damn good ya those old amps are really good i got somewhere round 2000 watts on it and it hasnt blowen one fuse yet but it does sound like sh*t when u turn it up...but then again when everytin in ur room rattles well u cant really hear how sh*ty it sounds haha

Anonymous

You could make the best box for a sub with a 1mm x max. is it gonna hit or sound good? no.

someone
Unregistered guest
No.
Not Thump anyways.

172 + db
Unregistered guest
put it in a big A$$ sealed box with more airspace then you need and power it at 400 watts constant.
itll thump what kind of vehicle is it goin in?
piece of 3/4 particle board box of wood screws and a bottle of liquid nails and you would be out about 30 bucks ... dont waste your money on mdf for that sub.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3018
waste money on MDF?
are you on crack?
a 4x9' sheet of 3/4" MDF is $18
how is that a waste?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help