Double the power: looking for 600rms @ 1ohm

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 388
I just got my hands on another 10w3v2-D4, so now i have to find some more power. I thought about maybe just runnin them both off my Phoenix Gold X400.1 (which is what i'm using to run the one i have now) but even with two subs, cutting the power in half i wouldn't expect much of a gain. So, i'm amp shopping. I need anywhere from 600-800wrms at 1ohm. preferrably for under $150, and definatley under $200. ebay is good too. I want to get a PG X600.1 (i looooooove my 400.1) but they are kinda pricey and hard to find. so any thoughts?

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 667
only reasonable one i can think of is hifonics bxi606

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4314
PA a1000db or lanzar vibe 1200d brand new

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1193
Gavin

Try this out
http://www.millionbuy.com/powasa10001d.html

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 669
How are those powerbass amps? Do they put out rated power? How good's the build quality?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1195
I would say there quality is like Brutus amps %20-%25 overated. Thats my opinion

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 389
hmm.. all do-able amps, but it seems like we are lacking an overall quality factor.. for the price i would take those, but i was thinking more along the lines of finding an old Orion 600D on ebay for like $175 or around there. any opinion on that match up or does anyone have anything they think would be better than that?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1197
Gavin

Check this out

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13470

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 672
Maybe 2 kicker zx300.1 - it's over $200 shipped on eBay though. I suppose I'd try the powerbass one then.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4317
i don't think powerbass ASA is overrated. Some facts:

1- there is a pic where the ampp has 3x40A fuses. That means it should put 1000w rms at least.

2-In specs, they say 3x30A fuses. I've seen a lot of 1000w rms amp using 3x30a fuses so it should be right there.

The one i know doesn't puts the power is hifonics bxi1206d. A 80a fuse might put 1000w rms, but it takes good efficiency to achieve that power, and i dont think hifonics brutus is the best when it comes to efficiency

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 391
juliob - i agree about the hifonics, i was trying to not get to expensive and stay away from them at the same time.. lol. honestly the more i look at that powerbass the more i like it.. the clean design.. and the specs are really good for the price. i think that might be my choice... thanks for all your help guys.

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 661
Memphis MC500 (245)
Memphis PR 1.500 (210)
US Amps XT800.2 (145)

Plus ship.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 674
the amp does look clean. if you're on a budget, unfortunately, it's hard to get power and build quality in one.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1207
I agree

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 663
His only option, with those parameters, is used, or refurbed.

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 400
trust me, i know it's hard to get those two in one. i've had budget systems before, and i did it right last time, but now of course i need more. i'm thinkin maybe i'll just let the other w3v2 sit while i gather up some cash for a really nice amp. although i'm not satisfied with what i've got anymore (of course).. i guess i can wait it out though lol.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 678
yeah, stick with what you've got now and save a bit more. else you'll always find yourself spending more without really getting more.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1209
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/341298.html

Silver Member
Username: Fiber

15 Wangers PBX

Post Number: 297
Powerbase put out what they say I had the pb 2000.1, and I got it benched at 2004 watts at 1 ohm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us