Operating a pioneer premier HU

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago What the phu...

Post Number: 1080
For anyone who has a Pioneer Premier 680mp HU or other P.P. HU maybe you can help me. After about 6 hours of having my HU there are a couple things i'm wondering about...

Pause: Far as i can tell the only way to pause requires like 4 steps which is ridiculous! Push the multi-control, scroll to function, push multi-control, scroll to pause, push multi-control. Pausing should be one click away i mean c'mon...i wanna pause when i see a cop, my cell phone rings, i'm pulling into the drive thru or w/e.

Mute: how can i do this?

Subwoofer Filter: does this even have an effect since the ednine.1 i'm running already has a filter?

thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Chris_t54

Post Number: 87
pit bull did u get a remote with your HU?

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2221
remote ftw.

Bronze Member
Username: Chris_t54

Post Number: 88
you need a remote to pause the pioneer HU i have a premier also (color screen haha) and otherwise if u don't you always have to do it manually

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OK

Post Number: 133
if by your subwoofer filter you mean your lpf then its goes like this

say your lpf on amp is set to 90. you have the hu set to 125. the sub will only play 90 and below. what i did to control this was turned the hpf to right over 125 on the amp and control it through the hu. alot more convenient than running to your trunk when you want to change settings

and on the remote you should have a pause an an att button if i remember correctly. i find the att button pretty useful. other than the remote i do beleive you go to function -> pause -> off which was pretty ga y.

there isnt a mute button, but you could wire everything through switches if you wanted to

Silver Member

OK

Post Number: 134
^^lpf*

Gold Member

Post Number: 1081
yeah i have the remote, didn't even try using it yet since it's my first day i was still getting acquainted with all the functions.

Jesse you're saying basically whichever one i have set lower will take affect right? and therefor i should leave the amp's lpf up higher so i have the convenience of adjusting it from the HU when i want to. correct?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1083
hmmm i just looked in the manual and i don't think the remote has a pause button either...closest thing is that ATT which it says will instantly lower the volume by 90%.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 10993
^^^yes that button comes in very handy

but do spend @ least an hr reading the manual ...

Silver Member

OK

Post Number: 136
yes thats what I am saying. my remote has a pause button o_O

Silver Member
Username: Rustysurfer916

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 409
lol you think your 680 is complicated? i just got a 780 couple months ago. i love it cuz its so good at everything. i hate it cuz i dont know what half the sh.it on it does.

Silver Member
Username: Super_mario

Post Number: 164
The remote is you best friend...remember that. It does have the att and a pause button. It doesnt say pause on it but some letters I would have to check it. I recently had the premier 680 but it started giving me trouble. It would turn on fine and just turn off then turn on and sometime not turn on at all??? I bought it online with no warranty :-( and so fixing it seems like such a hassel so i bought the 6900ub :-). Its just like the 680 except is has a usb cable to connect your usb thumb drives. Its really cool cause I just download songs stick them on my drive and never have to burn a cd.yay. It's funny because I got it from Circuit City and the dude there asked me if I had any questions and was like yaeh can I have that HU(Probably the fastest sale he made all day.) Then he tries to tell me how the 6800(non-premier) was the same only last years model. I told him not really because it only has two volt outputs and obvously it doest have the usb. He was like really? Then I thought, what do you mean really???Whatever I took the HU, intalled it and its really cool.Looks sweet too. Take a look
2076_310069880_338818745%2C00.html,http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/p roduct/details/0,,2076_310069880_338818745,00.html

Silver Member
Username: Super_mario

Post Number: 165
http://www.cardomain.com/item/PIODEHP6900UB

Just so you know I didnt post any reviews there.

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

San Diego

Post Number: 433
If you have the 680 remote....just hit the 'pgm' button and it will pause either the CD or the iPod

Gold Member

Post Number: 1086
lol i'm sure there is a totally genius reason why they didn't just call it the "pause" button...

thanks guys :-)

Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 10
You have apause button on remote it says PGM or program i just found this out a couple days ago by accident

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
To the left of display and rite under neath the net button hope this helps it really does come in handy

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
To be exact it is to the left of the display button and under the ent button hope this help cause the pause really does come in handy i got the Pioneer Premier DEH-P780MP http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6982.html

i gotta say im lovin my HU pioneer way to go so many features

Gold Member

Post Number: 1091
i'm liking mine too, just takes a couple weeks to really get the feel for it though ya know. And yeah i found the pgm button...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us