My truck latch broke

Silver Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

I WILL be 15 Wangin

Post Number: 379
now everyone has access to steal my system...how would i ghetto rig sumthin up... i have a 93 gmc jimmy

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3802
bolt it shut? or buy a new one, or remove your subs

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 913
1st generation S series trucks are known to have issues with the window/gate latch system.

What exactly is the problem with yours? Is it just the window that won't latch or is it the tailgate? If it's just the window, it may not actually be borken, and if so it's an easy fix....

Silver Member

I WILL be 15 Wangin

Post Number: 382
no..it latches its just that it wont lock...you can just open it and the window will come up then you can turn it the other way and the tailgate will come down

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 923
Oh I see. In that case, your lock cylinder probably needs to be replaced. Thats not a part you can pull from a junkyard since you need it to be matched to your keys.

If you do get a new one though, it's not hard to replace. You take off the trim panel from the tailgate, and pull back the plastic. Theres two rods that have clips connecting them to the lock. Take those off, then take off the big clip holding the cylinder onto the tailgate. It will pop right out.

Silver Member

I WILL be 15 Wangin

Post Number: 384
alright thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us