Breaking in subs TRUE? or FALSE?

Username: Splfreak7564

Post Number: 2
is it true u need really break in subs? I just got two rockford fosgate P312D2 and have been told to not play them loud for at least a week, but who wants to do that. i wanna pound on these guys, so what should i do??

Silver Member
Username: Blazerboy

Post Number: 442
I would say true. Some require more time than others. I would say run them on low for teh first hour or 2, and after that you shoudl be fine. ABsicly dont want to push the cone to full ecursion right out of the box, use your judgement.

As far as when you will know...

...Ohh you'll know.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11804
false

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 852
This has been argued before. Yes things do loosen up and move easier after time. But that doesn't mean you have to play them at low volume. Some people break them in by just cranking them and have never had problems with their subs. So its really up to you what you choose.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Check out my forum!

Post Number: 1140
I say false also and have heard false many more times than true. I think I even seen Scott from Fi say you dont need to, on another forum. Anyway, I have never broken in any of my subs and have never had a problem.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1147
I've never broken mine in and mine have been fine

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4327
do whichever makes you feel safe...if you feel like its fine with no break in, then go for it...

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Seminole, Al United states

Post Number: 373
the guy at the sound shop here told my bro he neded to break his in for about 2 weeks,

but he has 2 l5 10's rated at 450rms a peice in a probox and when he first hooked em up he turnedit waay up and there still going good

te amp is memphis prd1000

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 10957
hey u wanna be able to break in ur subs faster ? - then just run some low freq sine waves on em free air on the ground for a about an hr long giving it a few hrs rest an hr again - i bet in 2 or even 1 day ur egt that sucker loosened up but be careful to not over hasten the process .....

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Seminole, Al United states

Post Number: 375
lol^^^^^ really works

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL My wangers b...

Post Number: 1873
Im not sure if its needed, but breaking in the subs does make them louder and cleaner (atleast ive been seeing that with my new DD's) the longer i play them the better they start to sound. I think they are about broken in by now tho. The only thing i can think of for why they say to break them in is to get the surround and spider and all to loosen a little so it doesnt tear or rip from to much xmax but im not positive... just power it until it sounds like its damaging... i think in anycase you should be able to give a sub its rec. rms straight out of the box, or the company is lacking something like endurance tests..

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3677
i dont at all never and prob never will. All i do is start playing it low drive out of my street then slowly move it up to full and then just keep it there and turn it down when i get home and do that for a week or so till i feel safe just turning it straight up but the only subs that are recommended to do that with are any of the square kicker ones since there cones crap easy with stress points in the corners if you do that.

Bronze Member
Username: Bumpndatrunk

Milwaukee, WI USA

Post Number: 28
killa is on point dj at audioque told me the same thing but charlie is on point to i do the same thing playing it low drive get off my street also because i dont want everybody on my block knowing what i got in my trunk good way to get ripped off
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us