Need more from the treble - CDT

Silver Member
Username: Tc_skier

Post Number: 106
I've got DRT-26 Silk tweeters right now....I'm looking to get even better highs out of these....maybe a bit more spunk...some more detail perhaps....what would you guys suggest? Alter, any personal suggestions from you? the tweeters are in a braxial configuration and they need to stay like that. im willing to swap the tweeters if there's something that's gonna make a big difference...but it still has to sit on the braxial mount. i guess my other option would be some supertweeters? maybe aluminum drt-25's or something mounted as supertweets up higher on the soundstage? lemme know what you guys think. also....can i mix and match tweeters...like could i get a different companies tweeters and hook it in with my 560 x-over and m6 driver? or would that be awful? if i swap the main tweets, i would need them to make a very significant difference. i listen mainly to classic rock, country, and rap. plz give me your suggestions. thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1492
use the iek for a set of tw-25 or drt-26s. too bad you couldnt just go for the hds-2 for the ain tweeter but it wont fit on a brax mount

Silver Member

Post Number: 109
so you're saying use a second set of silk drt-26 tweets with the controller, and mount them higher up? or am i missing the point

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1493
yeah thats what i'm saying. Is the tweeters still behind the door panel or do you have them mounted out from behind it? If you use the IEK, set them on the sail panel or on the A-pillar. You could also use the Upstage kit but it costs a more. Also have you played around with the tweeter adjustments on the crossover? You can try +3 on it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
ahh cant believe i forgot that. i need to go mess around with the settings first. yeah ill try +3 to start out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us