I know im not supposed to....

Username: Gdsndcs

Post Number: 1
i have 2 Pioneer premier 126dvc's(400 rms) right now. I am purchasing a CV vmax 12.2(600 rms).

Premiers are powered by power akoustik(dont have yet) 1440, which has 720 rms...so 360 to each sub at 4 ohms.

the vmax will be powered by a kenwood 8101d 500 Watt rms Mono which i already have.(at 2 ohms)

NOW the question. What would be my best setup in terms of boxes. I have always liked bandpass but i know that they are considered crap. I am looking for more spl than sq. So should i box them together or seperately. as of right now i am planning on getting http://item.express.ebay.com/BC-312-TRIPLE-12-BANDPASS-SUBWOOFER-BOX-ENCLOSURE-N EW_W0QQitemZ270096517394QQptdnZQQddnZQQadnZQQcmdZExpressItemQQtabnavZ1#tabs
so what do ya'll think.

I am up to changing amp/sub within a right price

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Imortal Box Building, Email us wit...

Post Number: 6350
I have a box the would be perfect fo you.
Upload

Post Number: 2
Would that be for the 2 premiers? i have 3 12s to work with and with the triple bandpass i was going to put the vmax in the middle. But otherwise i like that box, whats the ft^3 per sub?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6352
2 cuft per sub. dont use a bandpass, and dont mix and match subs like that..not good.

Post Number: 3
so i decided to go with this...
Getting another Pioneer sub so 3 Pioneer premier 1000/400 watts and the amps are going to be:
Power Acoustik 1440 going to 2 of them giving each 360 rms at 2 ohms
Power acoustik 620 2 Channel bridged to give 360 rms to rhe third at 2 ohms.
All in either a triple ported or triple bandpass

So what do you think about that, not the loudest but should hit pretty good?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6358
No..get a better amp.

Post Number: 4
what do you recommend to power all three?within a reasonable price. Cause what i have gets them all 360 rms and 720 max. The subs themselves are 400 rms and 1000 max.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 1666
How much do you have to work with? You need about 1200 watts so look on ebay for a used orion 1200d or a vr1000d or your cheapest option would be a hifonics bxi1500. you oculd also look into a kicker 1200.1 or kicker 1000.1 make sure you look at the vc configuration of your subs so you can get the desired wattage from your amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us