I could use some help!!

Username: Terririzer

Hunlock Creek, Pa U.S.A.

Post Number: 5
I am putting 2 Infinity 10" 1042 subs in my truck.I have Infinity 6.5"s in front,and I have an alpine amp,model 3553,4x75.I wanna use the alpine for the front speakers,and I wanna get some opinions on which amp to buy for my subs.They are 250 watt subs,and they are dual voice coil.Anybody wanna help out??

Bronze Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 95
jl 500/1 ?

Hunlock Creek, Pa U.S.A.

Post Number: 6
Thanks,Jeremy.
I'd like to see if I can keep expenses under $200.Sorry should have stated that.Other than that,I'm all ears!!

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 417
What ohms are the subs/What ohms do you want to run at?

Hunlock Creek, Pa U.S.A.

Post Number: 7
Hey,
The spec sheet says 2 or 8 ohms.Somebody told me I should get a 2 channel amp,Bridged,400-500 watts,@4 ohms.Does this sound right??

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 418
So you have two subs. Are they dual voice coil? What ohms are the voice coils on each sub?

Hunlock Creek, Pa U.S.A.

Post Number: 8
Hey,
Yes,they are Dual Voice coil subs.The spec sheet says 2 or 8 ohms.Like I said,this is where it gets confusing fer me.

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 324
Hey Jimmy,

You could wire them like this:
Upload

And then buy an amp like this:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_1491.html

At under $200 it is very hard to find an amp that

A) Is 1 ohm stable
B) Puts out near your RMS at 4 ohms.

Phoenix Gold makes solid amps for the money and they generally bench above the rated output, so you should be good to go with the above setup.

Hunlock Creek, Pa U.S.A.

Post Number: 9
Hey,
Thanks,Brad.
That helps out alot.A stupid question,tho.This now means that when I see an amps rating at 4 ohms,RMS,that this is what EACH of these speakers are getting??The dual voice coil thing really throws me.Oh,can anybody tell me if my rating is 250 watts,what watt amp I can go with??How good are Lanzar amps????
Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4170
don't buy lanzar if you're not getting optidrive line.

Username: Jo2007

Blackfoot, ID USA

Post Number: 1
i am exteramly new to the car stereo world and am trying to unhook an jvc stereo from probe and but it in to an explorer i have every thing unhooked but there is a green wire hooked to a blue w/ white strip wire and have no clue how to unhook it can someone help me.

Username: Eclipseout

Jackson, Mi Us

Post Number: 1
just like to know what amps can hold a 1 ohm load at a 1000 watts i know jl audio 1000/1 ohm is 1.5 i would like to put some power to this orion 15 dvc it says 1000/rms

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9361
is it dual 2 ohm? sorry if you said it above I didnt read the whole thread. but if it is run it at 4 ohms off the 1000/1.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9362
"i am exteramly new to the car stereo world and am trying to unhook an jvc stereo from probe and but it in to an explorer i have every thing unhooked but there is a green wire hooked to a blue w/ white strip wire and have no clue how to unhook it can someone help me."

fisrt off when you do this without starting your own thread it is calld hijacking and most guys on here wont even respond to you after you do that so dont do it. I will answer you this one time but from now on start your own thread, this goes for you to Davis Pittman. Just cut the wire where it is connected and take it out. Is it connected with butt connectors? if so cut it, tape it up and take the radio out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us