Looking for New Amp

Username: Pete_the_pup

Gaffney, Sc Usa

Post Number: 2
I have a pair of Power Acoustik FUBR-10. 600w rms 1800 peak dual 2 ohm V/C. I'm only using 1 now becouse I don't have room for two in my truck. (made my own sub tube ported and tuned to 39hz) I need some suggestions for a good 1 ohm stable amp to power just 1 of the subs. Money is an object so need to keep it in the $400.00 to $500.00 range.

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 443
Check out some crossfires and USamps on eBay.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4223
jbl gto1201.1 or kicker zx 1000.1

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 447
Careful with the kicker, it's 2ohm stable. If you end up using the 2nd sub in the future and wire them into a 1ohm load, you will need a 1ohm stable amp. That JBL is a good choice though.

Gaffney, Sc Usa

Post Number: 3
Thanks I'll check out the JBL. "later Guys" P t P

Gaffney, Sc Usa

Post Number: 4
Just looked at JBL, not good. According to their web site the GTO1201.1 is 2ohm stable not 1. so it's back to the search. Thanks anyway PtP

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 448
Right, but that amp actually puts out full power at 1 and 4 ohms. Since you have dual 4 subs, you can wire them to 4 ohms and it'll be fine. Here're some 1ohm stable amps that'll suit you:

ORION HCCA-D2400 (my personal choice for you)
JBL BPX1100.1
ED nine.1 (www.edesignaudio.com)

Gaffney, Sc Usa

Post Number: 5
OLeg, I just looked at the Orion and the ED nine.1 I like the ED, it fits my credit card a lot better. do you have any of their products and do you recommend them? PtP

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 449
Actually, you'll find the orion fits your credit card a lot better, it's $315 shipped on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ORION-HCCA-D2400-CLASS-D-MONOBLOCK-AMPLIFIER-2400W-AMP_W0QQi temZ300086213653QQihZ020QQcategoryZ18797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

My friend has this series amp, it will never get hot even at 1ohm.

pssst...you can even try it at 0.5ohm and get away with it, but i don't recommend it haha

Gaffney, Sc Usa

Post Number: 6
I don't have access to a computer at home and my work computer has a firewall that prohibits Ebay. I'm kinda stuck ordering from mfg's or online stores. Bummer!!! But I appreciate your effort. Thanks PtP

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4224
if it's one sub, then grab a 600w rms amp at 1 ohm. Orion 600d or hcca d1200 can do the job.

my bad up there..

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 451
ah ok, then ED nine.1 it is.

Gaffney, Sc Usa

Post Number: 7
Oleg, Actually I tricked the firewall, saw that Sonic Electronics was the seller, went to their web site and just ordered the Orion. thanks again PtP

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 452
Congrats! Let me know how you like it.

Silver Member
Username: Qbenjamin

Florida

Post Number: 280
I have that Orion HCCA2400 for sale $312 brand new in the box and staraight from the factory with the 2-year warranty. Let me know.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us