Kinetik

Bronze Member
Username: Skibum12189

Post Number: 68
Is a kinetik hc1800 a good start to the big three if im running about 1500 watts rms in my system. I don't wanna get a new alternator bc I BELIEVE my stock one is like 124 volts or amps or w/e.....2000 Cherokee 4.0 L

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 249
i think u mean its 124 amps, if ur runnin 1500 watts , u could prolly get away with a hc1800 w/o any other upgrades besides bigger wiring, so yeah u should be ok

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 250
oh and it seemed like u were confused on what the big 3 is, its simply upgrading your wire in 3 different locations

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 920
I reccomend getting a HO alt and still doing your big 3 upgrade.With 1500 watts RMS that's somewhere near 115 amps of draw which isn't bad but then at night you have to figure in your headlights draining power as well.Even with a HC1800 you will still run out of battery power and eventually begin to clip when your voltage drops.In the day time you should be fine though but if I were you I'd be careful at night with the extra amperage draw from the headlights.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5844
Why don't you write down all the accessories you DO use while driving and then see how much power's left for the amp. Look at your fuse box and it'll list the approx current different devices will use. Add them up and subtract the total from your alternator's size. For example. headlights alone will use at least 20A, now add driving lights, signal lights, brake light, heater, fan, displays, clock. When you're done, you shouldn't have anything near 124A as you've stated.
You can have the best battery in the world, but without an adequate charging system, it'll be useless. Battery does not generate power, it releases them.

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 938
A battery is only useless when it's empty Isaac,a fully charged batt is very helpful and the best battery in the world would be expensive :-(

Gold Member

Post Number: 5862
Rob what are you saying? The point I was making was that you don't need to buy the best battery in the world for everyday driving. You wouldn't be able to tell any difference by ear.

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 946
"Rob what are you saying? The point I was making was that you don't need to buy the best battery in the world for everyday driving. You wouldn't be able to tell any difference by ear." What are YOU talking about dude?Who said anything about telling a difference by ear?The point I am making is batteries are useful.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5901
Batteries are useful, anyone driving a car can tell you that.
I think you're missing the point. $10000 battery and $150 battery will sound the same in your car. That was my point, what was yours?
As I have stated numerous times before, I see too many people spending $600 on a car battery thinking that they are going to magically improve their car audio sound. That is false. Just as a cap will not magically "generate" power.

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 947
How many people do you know bought a $600 battery...you must know people with very little knowledge about things or too much money on their hands.What battery out there costs 600 bucks?My Hc 2400's were $600 and some change and that's plural,meaning 2 of them.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5908
You're forgetting that I did mention the country "Canada." We get ripped off by the customs and governments. So what costs $300 there, becomes $600 here, sometimes even more.
I'll give you an example, the MTX amp that in the states, sells for $350, is $899 here. So go figure. The Europeans have the same problem with their VAT.

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 954
Lol, you do have a good point with the canadian thing going.Everything is far more expensive and they have tax on everything,even tax on the tax. I even heard there's a "Fat" tax,I have about 8 or so friends that are Canadian,eh?

Username: Dlavante

Tigard, Or USA

Post Number: 4
rob and isaac should have a death match

Username: Blairhdtv

Sudbury, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
Look, a small battery difference isn't going to make a difference in overall sound/quality. You want better sound, you need better components, and an overall better system.

Blair
http://www.hdtv-world.net
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us