REVIEW pierce audio WMD

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 536
first off: let me tell you the setup, 2 15" pierce audio WMD's in a 1998 range rover 8.8 cubes after displacement tuned to approx 37 hz. Massive audio P3000.1 on a stock electrical system. the gain is about half way whhich is well below the sensitivity level it should be at. when i reach volume 24/28 the amp goes into protection mode, im guessing it is getting about 1800 watts at THAT point bc my range rovers alt is fairly beefy for stock, and it uses A LOT of my battery up bc at volume 16/28 or so i start seeing big dimming. with that said, i have not heard any distortion from the sub, and i dont think ive seen full excursion either. it handles power well after all 1800 watts or so the dustcap is pretty hott i think the power handling is right on the money at 1000 watts. The SQ seems excellent i love my lows and this really drops down much lower than i expected. As for SPL, i am NOT a TL meter, i will repeat my self I AM NOT A TERMLAB. ok now that is cleared up the sub gets verry loud and that is subjective but i dont know exactly how to explain the SPL, at its peak of approx 1800 watts i was starting to have difficulty breathing it was far past a slight tickle, i would lay my kenwood remote on the console and it would not just slide but at higher volumes it would jump a bit.

Pros: SQ is good, notes are very crisp, plays low, EXCELLENT SPL at mid frequencies. extremely inexpensive, AWESOME customer service, VERY solid all around driver.

cons:power handling should not exceed 1000 RMS,

bottom line: for a little less than $140 a piece i truly believe if you can find one for that price its the best price/performance sub on the market. i have listened to W6's W7's and kenwood excelons, in my experience with the three the W6's had better SQ , but the WMD got louder than all three others and hit the lows better than the W7 which i was suprised about. hypothetically speaking if all 4 subs were the same price and i couldnt tell which each one cost i would choose the WMD, the W6 is nice but really is not on par with the WMD on the lows, the excelons just didnt get loud especially on their full rms of about 600. And the W7 was an all around niice woofer but the WMD just sounds terrific. great subs for the money highly reccomend

Silver Member

Post Number: 538
when i say 1800 watts im talking about total wattage distributed among the 2 subs (900 x 2)

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 195
they sound awesome, do you have any pictures?

Silver Member

Post Number: 539
yeah i got one of my setup but its too big to put in the thread gimme ur email and ill send it to you, bad quality pic but ill get better tom

Silver Member

Post Number: 544
buuump to get the word out about a great company

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1209
my buddy had his movin a good 2" at times. 15" off ~1350wrms. stock electrical, with a cap he "needed". smoked it a few times too... dumbass it did have some serious mids though

realmofexcursion.com/videos/PierceAudioProducts/wmd15.3.wmv

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1210
btw he was full of sh!t when he said 750wrms or w.e in the vid. stupid noob... Upload

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Phoenix, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 653
I've really wanted some of those for a while...
8 cubic ft???? Jesus... no wonder they pound!
Did i read that correctly? lol

when you said dustcap was hot... what did you mean? hot as in burn up in about 1/2 hour? just asking...

Silver Member

Post Number: 546
yeah, two 15" in a 9 cubic box tuned to 37 HZ, gets pretty loud, prolly low 140's for rap music and about 1800 rms total between the subs. good sq too the dustcap was mildly warm, no smoke or anything

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 197
id love the pic
kylelongbrake123@yahoo.com

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 1519
resize it and post it on here...

Silver Member