Stock head unit hurting me??

Bronze Member
Username: Georgiaboy1989

Kennesaw, Georgia

Post Number: 35
I've got a Memphis PRD.1000 and 2 12" subwoofers in my car. It's a 2006 Dodge Charger and I still have the stock head unit and the stock speakers in it. The components are plenty loud enough for me and the amp seems to be working fine. So my question is will my audio system improve a lot if I get an after market headunit? Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 388
You will get a little more output at the same amp gain settings which translates to slightly less noise overall, and the D/A converters will be of a higher quality. What some people don't realize is that in a noisy and far from ideal environment such as a car, it is very difficult to tell small differences in sound, such as a store-bought cd vs. a burned MP3 (128 or higher) or a (quality) factory deck vs. an aftermarket etc.

Is it worth worrying about IMO? No.

Bronze Member
Username: Georgiaboy1989

Kennesaw, Georgia

Post Number: 36
ok well someone also told me that since i have a converter connecting my RCA cables to my head unit that my subs will not sound as good...sorry if this is the same question im a noob.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 504
The SQ will be better with the aftermarket HU, but depending on your ears you may or may not notice it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us