Some BS

Bronze Member
Username: Whitewidow

IL

Post Number: 27
Well not sure what I should do, so figured I would ask you guys. I recently bought an amp from someone from this forum through paypal. Just received the amp today and as soon as I opened the box I could already smell the amp. There was smoke residue above the exhaust fans on one side of the amp so I opened it up. Don't have any pictures of it but the entire top right of the board is black and the rest is red =/

Just wondered if there is anything I can do besides walk around pissed off...please help

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

FL USA

Post Number: 259
well who sold it to you? You can file a claim through paypal. Pics would definately help you.

Bronze Member

IL

Post Number: 28
best pic i can get through camera phone if that helps at all..

seller: Benny Boy
Silver Member
Username: Audioguy22

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

FL USA

Post Number: 264
well try to contact him and he wtf he did. def file a paypal claim as well

Silver Member

S.F., Cal.

Post Number: 331
That sucks!, I never used the amp and i was told it worked fine.

The guy that sold it to me lives in santa rosa, ca. and I bought four amps and some speakers that all worked. The only amp I held on to was the bmf because I'd read there really good.
With my big move, I've been selling all of my stuff.
I'm real sorry about the amp, but I had no idea it was messed up.
from your pic, it looks like there's stuff missing?

I paid $250. for it about a year back so I've already lost over $100. on it.

Silver Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 864
K cha

Sounds like you just got had because the guy you bought it from replied but said nothing about giving your money back.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3117
i see a blown mosfet.. you could prolly get the mosfets replaced and have a working amp.. if that is the only problem anyway

Silver Member

S.F., Cal.

Post Number: 332
Not the case at all Joey! looks like your just stiring the sh*t anyway.

The first I've heard of any problem was in this post. This clown did not send an email to me, just started bad mouthing me.

I simply implied I did nothing wrong.

If he wants a refund, not telling me there's a problem and going to the forum to run his mouth and play victim is not the way to get it!

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 326
I know it sucks to look forward to something and then have it not work, but Benny seems like a stand-up guy to me and he said that he never used the amp and that he was told that it worked, so give him a chance to make it good.

Bronze Member

IL

Post Number: 30
Running my mouth?? are you kidding me??? all I simply did was ask what I should do...I've never had anything like this happen. The product was clearly broken so I figured I would get some input from people who probably had some experience with it... I probably should have contacted you first, but the first thing to pop into my head was scam, so I looked elsewhere.

If you are interested in maybe coming to a compromise or if anyone else would be able to fix it toss me an e-mail..

Silver Member
Username: Kaos15th

Post Number: 401
yep i dont see any posts of you talking sh!t about benny lol he was just asking question

Bronze Member
Username: Jeromebaker

Post Number: 69
Need I regale you all with the sad sad tale of Charlie Wenzel?
Always be legit in your dealings, even online...

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1068
"Just received the amp today and as soon as I opened the box I could already smell the amp. There was smoke residue above the exhaust fans on one side of the amp so I opened it up."-If that's true then Benny obviously knew that there was a problem with the amp.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5965
Unless you have access to the manufacturer's parts, it'll probably end up costing you more than the money you spent. Get money back or dump it.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1071
"Just received the amp today and as soon as I opened the box I could already smell the amp. There was smoke residue above the exhaust fans on one side of the amp so I opened it up."-If that's true then Benny obviously knew that there was a problem with the amp.-One thing I wanted to add but forgot was that it could have been possible for Benny not to notice the amp smelling or being fried if he never took it out of the packaging when he purchased it.Remember to always ask for pictures of the things you're about to purchase.

Silver Member

S.F., Cal.

Post Number: 333
When I got the amp, it came in a box with three other amps. I used two of them and sold two. I never noticed any smoke on any of the amps. I never used the 1000 because all I run is a single 4 ohm woofer and the bmf is only 250 watts at 4 ohms.

I did nothing wrong in the selling of that amp. I assumed it work as the other three amps from the same guy did. I never told the buyer it worked as I never took the time to check it. I would never sell a known bad amp. Also I still have no idea how the amp blew? Was it blown? did the buyer install it wrong? why do you all assume I'm at fault? I've sold lots of stuff on this board with no problems! Now this guy say's I ripped him off and you all just go along with it? Can you say witch hunt?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3367
dude how lazy do you have to be to not take 5 minutes to test and see if the amp works. to me that seems worth it considering your rep is at stake. and you should have either stated you have not tested it in the forsale ad and you arnt 100% sure it works.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5967
That makes sense. It's very unusual for a person to not test/open anything he/she buys from a seller.
If you didn't sell a defective amp on purpose, I'm sure you'll work something out with the buyer.
To me your personal rep is more important than saving few dollars.

Silver Member
Username: Nickb4247

Post Number: 242
"....I assumed it work...."
When you assume you make an a-ss out of you and me(me being K Cha)

Bronze Member
Username: Jeromebaker

Post Number: 70
Damn K-Cha, this sucks. I feel for you.
You got wenzeled.

Benny, Karma is a motherf ucker...

Bronze Member

IL

Post Number: 34
Well I didn't install it at all.. I said "as long as it is in 100% working condition" I would take it. I'm guessing though due to the no response on the e-mails I'm stuck with this PoS paperweight until I talk to paypal??

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 1781
Give the man his money back.

Bronze Member
Username: Imalik

Jackson, New Jersey Ocean

Post Number: 92
That is BS...I know how you feel, I sent a amp out for repair...ALL ELECTRONIC REPAIR in AZ the Jerk off kept my amp...I filed a complaint with the AZ BBB but his shop was not registered the BBB so they could not help me
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us