Username: Spidercoder

Palm Harbor, Florida USA

Post Number: 138
I just had all my equipment taken out of my 2006 Nissan Altima(wife
will be driving now). I bought a 1994 Cadillac Sedan Deville. When I
had my two 12 diamond d6 in a ported box inside the Altima If you
pulled one half of the backseat down. You could hear and feel the subs
alot more(night and day). A couple of questions
A) Was there not enough airspace in the trunk of the altima?
B)What could I do to the Cadillac to get the most sound inside the
car?(Seats wont fold Down).
Thanks in advance
Dan

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 388
Take out the rear deck. Or if you don't want to do that: If the car has the rear speakers in the rear deck, just take them out since good systems don't use rear speakers anyway. That would "port" the trunk to cabin.

Nice car BTW.

Silver Member

Palm Harbor, Florida USA

Post Number: 139
Are you saying just cut out the sheet metal of the rear deck and just leave enough to have the cover over on the edges. Im having kick panels built for my for my front stage since I had 6.5 in the altima and the cadillac fronts are 5.25 and its alot cheaper to have kick panels built than to buy new componets. From what I hear componets sound better in kick panels anyway. I left the aftermarket 6x9 in the altima because I had it faded all the way to the front always. Didnt like the sound of the rear speakers with the componets. Really didnt need them. Thanks Ill post some picks of the caddy its pretty clean for a 13 tear old car. Just threw someplayer wheels on it !

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Imortal Box Building

Post Number: 6043
wheres the pics?lol If you take the deck out, there will be a huge difference in sound huge...

Silver Member

Palm Harbor, Florida USA

Post Number: 140
Ill post some pics tonight when I get off work.
Dan

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 10478
if you fire the subs and the port back, you should have enough bass. before you go cutting things try it out first.

Silver Member

Palm Harbor, Florida USA

Post Number: 141
What do you mean port the back? Are are saying just simply take out the speakers in the rear deck. That would be enough to get more bass in the cabin.

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 688
I think what Chad is saying is to port the subs on the front of the box and then turn the box so both the subs and the port are firing towards the back of the trunk. This usually gets the loudest for cars that cant fold down the backseat.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 10479
i am simply saying face the sub and the port toward the rear of the car. listen to it to see if it gets loud. my friend is in the same situation and believe me it gets loud.

also if you take the rear speakers out and there is a opening to the trunk then do it. some cars are closed even if you take the speaker out.

Silver Member
Username: Spkrman

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 177
open up the path from the trunk to the cabin in any way you can... caddy's have a coffin trunk.

thats the difference between the 2 cars.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 431
Cleanest way to do it would be to just take out the rear speakers. But removing the whole deck may be a little louder.

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 379
I like to run the woofer down and the ports up, I am a trailblazer

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 102
since u do not like rearfill anyways just take out the rear speakers and leave them empty or keep the rearfill and if it has a backseat armrest, make the port there? sh!t, if that's the case build the port so that's it's airtight where the armrest is

Silver Member
Username: Timothy_314

Post Number: 304
taking out the rear speakers just make a lil dif. not much and you cant evin really hear the rear speakers when there in there... i have alot of people my my back seat so i put my 6x9s back in...i have a 94 deville too
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us