"err" display on car radio

Username: Jane3788

Post Number: 1
Hi,

Can anyone tell me, please, how to reset the radio to where I can put the code in.

It was saying "code" and I have that, but in the meantime someone mucked with it and caused it just to display "err" when it is turned on. Then it doesn't turn off again except by switching off the ignition. We have disconnected the battery again, but that hasn't reset it.

The car is a 2001 Nissan Pulsar.

Thanks for the time.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5960
Jane look under Disc Changer section. Here's the link, just click on it. There are lot of people with the same problem with Nissan.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/137782.html

Post Number: 2
Thanks Isaac,

I don't think there's a CD in it, but if it comes to it links to how to remove the unit may be helpful.

Much appreciated.

Post Number: 3
OK, it's fixed.

The problem was that too many "attempts" were made with an incorrect number and it locked.

The solution was to leave the ignition switched to 'accessories' and leave the "err" display flashing for an hour. After that it reset to "code" so I could input the PIN and now it's fine.

Actually, had I discovered in the first place when I got the car that in the glovebox was an "Audio Systems Owner's Manual Supplement", all the necessary info was in that, but since I didn't, I have to say that Nissan customer service in Australia is EXCELLENT!

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5962
Oh, you're from Australia? Most if not all the problems are in North America.
Glad you fixed yours.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us