Is my amp blown?

Silver Member
Username: Dannyboyy

Peterborough, NH USA

Post Number: 358
i opened my trunk the other day and my amp rack had slid to the front of the trunk. some snow fell onto my amp. after i got out of work i forgot about the snow and turned on my radio... and the was bass for about 5 min then no bass so i looked when i got home and remembered the snow. i looked and a fuse had blown so i replaced the fuse and tried it again. fuse blew again. i took it inside use some compressed air blew all the snow out then took a hair dryer to it. still fuse it blown. so i took the power and ground thinking there was something wrong in the wiring and rerouted them with new wires. and still blows fuses. so can any1 help me?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9156
water and electronics are a big no no. take the heatsink off and use a hair dryer on the circuit board for a while and really dry it all out.

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 431
Careful because oxidation/rust/corrosion can come from water and drying and this in a huge no no for electrinics. JMO

Silver Member

Peterborough, NH USA

Post Number: 359
well it wasnt that much snow to cause rust but here ae some pics does anything look wrong. that one resistor looks kind of toasted.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 281
ive heard that electronics are actually fine with pure water (don't try anything), like if you spill coke on your phone youre screwed, but if for some reason you have a glass of distilled water and drop your phone in it, itll be fine as long as you give it ample time to dry out.

^^^Very random and unnecessary, you may have shot yourself in the foot by using it while it may have been wet, would have been better had you turned it off and let it dry, but just work on drying it completely out, and then trying to see if it works....

Silver Member

Peterborough, NH USA

Post Number: 365
bump

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 423
"ive heard that electronics are actually fine with pure water"

Not true. Water conducts electricity, and creates shorts.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us