Fighting

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11479
Me and my friends are arguing....who do u think would win in a fight...the worlds best striker..or the worlds best grappler...I say the striker..because the grappler would not get close enough to do very much damage...he said that the grappler would just grab the striker and it would be over...what do u guys think.??

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3403
depends on alot but i would have to go with the grappler. if the grappler is even able to hold his own standing up and is able to get the striker on the ground, unless the other guy knows what he's doing off his feet it's done.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11480
best vs. best

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3404
grappler.

Silver Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Chicago, Illinois I Eats Beats...

Post Number: 810
Chaunce do you watch UFC or anything? I'm not only a huge fan but i have some martial arts experience and that fight has taken place hundreds of times, world class grappler vs. world class striker. And guess what, it's probly close to 50/50.

The strikers takedown defense is critical, look at Chuck Lidell that's what makes him so tuff, he has AWESOME takedown D, so you gotta stand with him and he's a great striker.

i usually look at their weaknesses to predict who will win...meaning is the grappler a better striker than the striker is a grappler?

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Qnited States of FI Ca...

Post Number: 849
Chucks take down defense and sprawling is awesome.

/quote{The strikers takedown defense is critical}

Tim Sylvia's last fight against Monson is a good example. Monson is strictly a ground fighter and he kept trying to take down Sylvia, but Sylvia just sprawled very well. And Monson couldnt take him down.

Couture Vs. Sylvia. This fight is gonna be exactly what your asking. If couture can punch his way into Sylvia reach, then Sylvia is in alot of trouble.

Gold Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 , VR1000D 15= overcomp...

Post Number: 1695
chuck norris would win

Silver Member

Post Number: 811
I've loved watching Randy Couture over the years but unfortunately i don't think he can beat sylvia, he has a history of struggling against massive heavyweights, sylvia is like 6'7 and has to CUT WEIGHT to make 265 which is nuts.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1038
The best striker would obviously win.I've been involved with MMA since I was about 9 years old.I remember back when UFC one was being talked about everywhere lol.The reason the best striker would win is because a grappler has to get inside first,which means shooting and that's very dangerous.The striker can easily blast the grappler with a high kick or knee if the grappler shoots low.The only way the grappler is going to win is if he has some really crazy chin to take a few blows to get him inside.Think about Andre Silvia,guys try to shoot in because he has the most insane striking in his class and as they shoot they usually get knocked out by a knee or even an elbow.Anyways both have advantages and disadvantages but I think overall the striker will win.Chuck Liddell has take down?Lol....he takes them down using punches and then ground and pounds their azzes...I could go on...but there's no point.To back up all of my opinion watch Mirko Cro Cop's fights and Fedor Emielienko's.Those guys main arsenal is striking not grappling but they have awesome sprawl as well,especially Fedor he's never even lost...and he's mainly a striker.

Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1039
Oh and by the way Chauncy,the best way to prove your point is to fight your friend :-) That's how I would get down lol.Get some headgear and show him what's up.

Bronze Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 93
CRO COP FTMFW, u guys watch the last UFC 67 i think, dude kicks, he said right leg will put u in the hospital, left leg will put u in the cemetery

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 169
i think i almost got beat up yesterday. i wprk at a chinease resturant and this one cook, his name is jun, always calls me g ay because i have long hair, so yesterday i started calling him g ay and i gave him some lipstick. he got mad and pushed me fo i pushed him back. then the rest of the cooks stoped us, and im glad cause i would have got messed up.

Silver Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 858
It doesn't matter how badazz you are all it takes is a simple mistake. And when it comes to fighting a split second can determine the fight.

So what I am saying is who ever makes the first MISTAKE will be the losers.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1456
my dog will eat them all he's hungry

Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1043
Joey you must not get into many fights...1 mistake will not cost you a fight.It could but it's not a guaranteed thing lol...so what you're saying is totally wrong.

Silver Member

Post Number: 817
Killa what kinda pooch u got?

Silver Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 862
Rob

Have you ever lost a fight?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums