Subs speakers and amps

Username: 1995lesabre

Post Number: 2
hey ive never set up a sound system in a car before and was wondering what i should get for loud music, i like rock / reggae so i dont only need bass from suubs altho i would like some nice subs for rap and stuff but i mainly want to make it sound like a rock concert on a tight budget. i also was wondering if i need an amp or something unless i just need a high watt cd player to install. i dont need the subs to come in a box i can build the box so just listing cheap subs will be fine but i just want to know what will make it sound the best for the cheapest. and if you could list amps that go with the subs and speaker so they dont blow, thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 318
Well a good system consists of a headunit, component speakers, amp for the components, sub(s) and an amp for those. Plus all the installation accessories.

For rock music, you will want to invest the most money in a good set of component speakers. Look for a set with good midbass response and accurate highs. A 1000 watt sub should do fine, and with that amount of power you most likely won't have to worry about electrical system upgrades.

Post some specific questions in the different sections of this forum and people will help you decide what equipment to buy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us