Whats wrong

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 203
my kenwood amp is about 3 months old and i hooked back up lastnight and the amp aint even on but i checked my wires, and still nothing, it worked perfectly b4, and then i took my fufes out and i seen the red light come on but then it faded away, and it dont make sence to me because the fuses werent even in it, so can anyone tell me if my amp is fried or theres something wrong with it?

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 303
Measure the voltage at the amp's power and ground terminals, you should get 12 volts. If not, something is wrong with your wiring.

If the wiring is ok:
Kenwood amps are not very good and are known to have problems with the power supply. That will cost you about $150 to get fixed if that's the problem. You are better off getting a better amp than getting the kenwood fixed.

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 205
yea i wont mes with kenwood anymore, i got ripped buying that amp, and plus there not that good i hear, bu its weird cuz it was fine the other day , and now idk what hapened, oh sh.t wait when i went into my house my bro was out there and he told me that when he was hookin up the power it spaked and i was like duhh u were suposed to unconect the battery , but i didnt thik that would even have anyhting to do with the problem, or can it? let me know m.s

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 206
yea i wont mes with kenwood anymore, i got ripped buying that amp, and plus there not that good i hear, bu its weird cuz it was fine the other day , and now idk what hapened, oh sh.t wait when i went into my house my bro was out there and he told me that when he hooked up the power it sparked and i was like duhh u were suposed to unconect the battery ,i told him to wait till i got back but buthe didnt,, i didnt thik that would even have anyhting to do with the problem, or can it? let me know m.s

Silver Member

Post Number: 304
You checked the fuses right? It will spark and blow the fuses if you hook up the power and ground wrong (power wire to ground and ground wire to power).

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 215
yea i checked that.. and yes i checked teh fuses too, but i was asking why does the light for teh power of teh amp coem on when i take the fuses out then it dims back to nothing , and the fuses werent in, it dont turn on though like the speakers cuz the light dims right away in 5 seconds, i checked all wires so?

Silver Member

Post Number: 305
Amps have internal capacitors that store power, that's where the light is getting power from.

If there is power at the amp's B+ and ground terminals and the fuses are good, just check the obvious stuff, for example you remembered to connect the remote wire from the HU right? If everything seems ok and the amp still does not turn on, then it looks like you may be in need of a new amp.

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 220
sh.t man i just bought that amp, andno i have had al my wiring i there for a few months so i didnt even have to hook nothigg up but the power wire .. so idk it aint the remote wire at al, ill check it once more but if nothing works its blown?

Silver Member

Post Number: 306
If the amp is getting power, there is power on the remote wire, fuses are good, and the amp still won't turn on, then yeah it's blown.

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 225
yeah i just got done checking all the wires and i tried another amp of my griends and hooked it up and what do u know it works,, so then i tried hooking up my kenwood again, and still nothing, but how could it have blown? would the cold have anyhting to do wiht it? idk man i payed 337 dolla for that thing and its not even 4 months old and i only used it for about 3 weeks that i have had it, so yea im a lil peed off now, so yea im, guessin it is blown, dam could i send it back to kenwoood ? and maybe get my money or a new amp back?

Silver Member

Post Number: 308
Well if you bought it new it may still be under warranty, if so kenwood should repair it free. First I would see if you can return it to wherever you bought it from and get a refund though, that way you could buy a different amp.

Post a question on here and say how many watts at what ohm load you need, and people will suggest some good amps.

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 230
well i havent figured out what ohms load it wil be for 2 fi bl's and i was thinkin of the 2 hifonics 1606 amps, so could u te me what ohms load would it be and ran at and about how many watts i would be pushin if i do it al right. thanxx

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 232
and i dont have the receipt for the amp, a i have is everything it came with like the box and instruction and everyhting, not receipt so idk if best bu will accept it ill never buy from them again

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 234
and actually i have chosen to get the kicker 1200.1 amps so yea can u figure the ohm oad for that now with those subs? and thanx, but should i get the cooling when ordering the subs , and choose daily or spl? thanx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us