Good line drivers for subs,,

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1458
What are some good line drivers for some subs that would do about 8V or more.. i got about 300-400 on 2 of them...

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1459
is pheonix gold any good with them..?

http://cgi.ebay.com/PHOENIX-GOLD-SLD44-SIGNAL-LINE-DRIVER-PROCESSOR-NEW-OEM_W0QQ itemZ250084201877QQihZ015QQcategoryZ14931QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

they arent expenisve and sa 8Vrms..

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 1206
Just buy a giant 15kw (8ohms) amp and drive your inputs with that at full blast...

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1460
I dont want to fry my inputs now... lol

What imdependace does a amps input ussualy sit at, i could consider a amp for them but id rather make it simple and get the line drivers.. i have to set my amp gain basically all the way up to match what it supports... its like ***mv-16V and my 4V HU doesnt do to much... i want atleast 8Vrms or so

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 1229
Ample Audio? I dunno.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 335
There's nothing wrong with turning up your amp gain to match the preout voltage of your HU... that's what it's for.

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1463
I know about that but my problem is that im adding another amp and if i am thinking right the preout voltage does really drive the amps as good once you start adding more... also that its better to drive your amps with the higher end of its reccomended input voltage.. less stress on the amp. I kind of want it so i can tune it like my JBL amp.. barely have to turn the gain at all for it to get its full power... 250mV-4V :-) . I dont think it is going to be bad running just the 2amps... but yea... i still want to boost that signal to about 8V just because the gain being turned all the way up to match my voltage bugs the sh!t out of me

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 342
Well then you could get an audiocontrol EQ with line driver built in. All the line driver does is lower the noise floor of your system (increases the SNR), with an EQ you could fine tune your system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us