What kind of amp to buy?

Username: Crouchere

Post Number: 7
Hey could I get some help? I need a recommendation on what type of amp to buy. I was thinking about buying 2 Diamond Audio D612D4 12" subs, what kind of amp or amps should i buy to power them? I heard kicker is good match up? can spend around 300 on the amp.

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 356
If you want to truly power those subs right $300 ain't going to do it...those subs are rated for 500rms each and can take at least another 100rms beyond that (if you're enclosure is right anyway).

you can get a refurbed or used Kicker SX1250.1 for about $400-$450 and you'll probably need to upgrade you electrical system if you do (just assuming)

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

U.S.A.

Post Number: 434
http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=44

that would be perfect and if you type "forum" in the search box you can get it for $315.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4055
kklagge. For 300$ he can get a nice amplifier. They're dual 4 ohm. You need 1000w rms at 1 ohm. You can get a soundstream PCA 1000D, even a refurbished kicker kx 1200.1 can be had for 300$.

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

LaGrange, NC US oF A

Post Number: 507
the diamond d6's rms is 600...nice subs, i have one, gave it 500 watts in a sealed box and it was nice.

Silver Member
Username: Qbenjamin

Florida

Post Number: 254
I have a brand new Orion HCCA D2400 for sale for $300 shipped. It is straight from Directed, so you will keep the manufacturers warranty/2 year.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

[:-]15 Wangers Club[:-] Premier Member

Post Number: 5363
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/321154.html

Silver Member
Username: Spidercoder

Palm Harbor, Florida USA

Post Number: 128
I have two Diamond D6 12 getting pushed by an xtant x1001 1000 watts rms in my 2006 altima. It hits very hard and clean. I am upgrading because my wife is taking this car and im putting everything in 1994 cadillac deville so Im getting two more d6 so id be willing to sell my xtant x1001 with LQF45 module installed for 450 shipped.Xtant makes very good quality amps. I can take pictures of the install for you. Amp is flawless. except a few scratches on the chrome. if interested LMK.
Dan
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us