FI BL

Silver Member
Username: Icecreamman5687

Post Number: 123
i was looking at the BL and gots a few questions on them. im looking for a daily driver bump wit hifonics 1600watt rms or what u would say its puttin out 1100 watt rms. anyways wat would be some options to get for those subs.i was going to do the cooling but what about the flatwind or extreme lead.wat r they and should i worry about them

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

FL USA

Post Number: 236
"If you are looking to use the sub for a daily purpose, I would think about the pole chamfer as the first option to do. It will relieve pressure under the dustcap and get things flowing better for minimal cost. After that, its somewhat of a tossup between the full cooling or flatwind. Both add thermal power handling... and to similar levels in some applications. If I were wanting to use 1500W+ Id probably get both. Anything under that and you can pretty much take your pick... Also, please reserve the BTL leadwire for predominantly SPL applications. The leadwire handles very higher power/current, but it also leads to noise in some applications as well as wear on the top spider if used for high excursion. Is this an issue for SPL or some louder daily drivers? Not at all... but if this isnt your application, dont get it. The standard stuff is as large as most use on their super uber SPL monsters... and they dont have issue :-)
"

SCott from FI

Gold Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1574
what the hell is uber? i have seen it twice now

Silver Member

Post Number: 124
thnx man...

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Wishes there was an 18...

Post Number: 823
the pole chamfer is included in the full cooling...

how do you pronouce that anyways... pole camfer?

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 255
i always say it like champ...chamfer...hmmm

Silver Member

Post Number: 126
hey with 1 1600 watt amp would it be better to do one fi or two

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3275
one, especially since you wont see the full 1600w from that amp.

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock2000

Notre dame!USA

Post Number: 268
do 2 ssd's if ya can FTW
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us