Cap Question

Bronze Member
Username: Smoke05

Post Number: 21
I will be runing a 1200 rms Hifonics amp to two 12" alpine type R. i have a pioneer head unit and that is it my speakers are stock at the moment so do i need to install a capacitor right now or later when i upgrade my speakers (and install a 4 chan amp), maybe next year.
thanks for everything

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3237
never need a cap. and get a bigger hifonics amp, they're overrated so you wont see the full 1200w from that one. try getting the 1606 mono amp they make.

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 226
It's not worth buying a capacitor, I bought a 3 farad for like 50 bucks off a buddy bc i was bored and had some extra 4 gauge and I dont think it really does much, you'd be better off buying a new Alt or a Kinetik HC600, but unless your lights are dimmin like crazy, theres no reason to buy one, it only looks cool

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Post Number: 146
so if my lights dim that would help?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3032
no

Silver Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 239
it might a little bit, but nothing as significant as a new bat/alt....but then youre talkin some big money...what kind of car do you have raymond or why

Silver Member
Username: Brady_f

Waco, Texas USA

Post Number: 106
would it do any good to upgrade the battery w/o a high output alt.??

Silver Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 242
that would be 100x better than getting a capactior, but again what kind of car do you have, some have higher output alts, like my jeep as a 124 which isnt big but i have 2 amps and 1 sub and its sufficient.....

Again, the Hifonics Brutus series amps aren't efficient at all and they draw alot of power (lights dim)....when I had my Premier 12" hooked up to my Hifonics, my lights dimmed a decent amoutn, but yea overall, if you can afford it, definitely upgrade the alt and batt

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3045
brady, what amps and alt. does your car have.

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 269
Hifonics are not that overrated they just rate their amps at 14.5 volts and most peoples electrical systems can't sustain this voltage so yes you will get less wattage but not because the amps are overrated. I have heard that for every .3 volt drop you will lose about 100 watts, Not sure. Hifonics amps are just as good as other more expensive amps its just that they draw alot of current so they are very demanding on the vehicles electrical system. You could probably deduct 100 watts from the ratings but other amps would probably be the same. JMO

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 270
HO ALT!!!! HO ALT!!! will fix dimming problem but you have to get the correct amperage alt to sustain your stereo as well as the factory equipment. JMO
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us