Will this blow my subs?

Username: Crouchere

Post Number: 1
Hey all, ok I hope you all don't think my question is dumb because I'm new in this sort of thing. I have 2 12" Sony Xplod XSL123P5B
(1300 peak power, 380 RMS) and they are both powered by 1 Sony XM-2002GTR (200 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (250 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms)
500 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)The subs are 4-ohm. I have heard these subs blow compared to RF products, and I can agree, except these sound good for what i could afford. If i had two XM-2002GTR amps, and bridged one sub per amp, they would blow? If the amp puts out 500RMS in bridged mode to a 380 RMS sub its going to blow?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 9839
just go really easy on the gain and you should be fine.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3181
no. but then again they are all sony. and that amp is probably overrated a little so you should be fine. but why sony? how much are you looking to spend cause we can recommend you stuff ALOT better than that.

Post Number: 2
I got the sony's cause they were good for the price and plus I'm just now getting the fever of making my car shake haha. But yeah I like the sony's but they just arent deep enough outside of the car. I've been looking around at different subs, and I have been leaning towards RF more. Have you heard much about MA audio? From what i read on the specs they seem to be pretty decent, but then again I wouldnt know about them cause i've never heard them.

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 290
If you give these guys a price range, they will hook you up with MUCH higher quaility stuff than what you're looking at. Let 'em know, everyone is really helpful and they know their sh!t.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3182
post a budget cause just you just mentioned some garbage brands.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1062
^^^ I agree. Let us help you!

Post Number: 3
Well hopefully soon i wasnt looking to spend more than 400 on subs, but keep the amps? I heard sony amps are good but subs blow. Oh yeah another question, you cant bridge two 1/2 channel amps together like the one i have right?

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 205
"I heard sony amps are good"

Sorry but you heard wrong.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3187
get rid of everything car audio related that is sony. few questions:
-how many subs you want/size of subs?
-how much you willing to spend on amp for subs?
-are you willing to spend extra on charging system upgrades?
-are you going for sq(great sound), sql(great sound that gets loud), spl(just loud with little/no sq)?

Silver Member
Username: Impala63rag

Post Number: 404
Heres a spot for you. Just scroll down on the list to your left, choose a brand, pick a video, and see for yourself whats out there. While your there look at digital designs, fi car audio, re audio, stereo integrity, jbl, and ascendant audio.

look to orion and kicker for amps.

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos.html

Silver Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 790
tell us what kuind of stuff u want the peopel on here will hook you up

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2458
i would try to sell your stuff local , then piece your system together one part at a time. dont just run out and buy crappy stuff because it seems good for the time and its cheap. Research the products online then get the stuff, you will be happier if you wait and piece it together

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2459
start off getting a nice hu (pioneer , alpine, clarion) then get a nice amp , subs , door speakers, amp for them
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us