Alright, so now what

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 365
Okay, so I made a box that looked like this: http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=36&Eh=15&Dia=4&Xmax=17&Vd= .12&NumW=2&Vb=3&Fb=32&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0
and it didnt exactly fit inside the trunk of my car. For a recap, i drive a 99 sable and the trunk is huge but the opening is smaller. The measurements for the biggest possible one I could fit through he hole was 13x32x17. I'd like it to be around 3 cubic feet and tuned to 32. I have two 10inch arsenals and the stats are all in that link above. Anybody have any suggestions or any help they can lend?

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

[:-]15 Wangers Club[:-] Premier Member

Post Number: 5072
What are you asking?

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3031
lol logan...i dont know either

it sounds like hes saying that the box doesnt fit into the trunk...if it doesnt fit, then gotta try again at the box...
try maybe folding the seats down and bring the box from the back seat...maybe
another could be build the box inside the trunk, obviously a lot harder but its possible

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 3067
Could build a slightly smaller box and compensate volume with damping.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

[:-]15 Wangers Club[:-] Premier Member

Post Number: 5097
will it fit if you take your back seats out..? Maybe you could get it in your trunk that way..?

Silver Member

Post Number: 366
Haha, my bad, i guess i was a lil too tipsy.... What I MEANT to be asking was : i can't figure out a box design that will work as 13x17x32 at 32 hertz with 3 cubic feet, so what can i make that is close, that will work?

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 217
Didn't we completely go over this a few weeks ago man? The final consensus was to take out your back seat, sawzall whatever metal gets in the way of the box going, put your box in the trunk and then seal the hole in the metal behind your seat by attaching a piece of mdf. What part of that didn't you understand the first time?

Silver Member

Post Number: 367
f you dude, dont talk to me like that,that wasnt even my question, i dont want to cut out my back seat, i want to build a smaller box. I am asking how to design it

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 226
F!ck! My bad Mike I am sorry. Some guy came in here and asked the exact same question with a '99 Sable. I remember because I owned a Sable for years and I responded because I know those trunks well.

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 228
You sure that wasn't you? lol

Silver Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 164
I got a sable, and its sucks ! How'd ja like paying for that high dollar face plate ?
How bout that mach 7 sound system though

Silver Member

Post Number: 368
No, it was me.what i am saying is....that wasnt my quesiton THIS Time....this time i am trying to ask for box designs, not how to get the box in their.

Lol, i need to start a new thread and restate the question without a backstory....causes to much confusion:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us