A lil dissapointed...

Silver Member
Username: Spandmh1

Tunnel hill, Ga CANT WAIT... Usa

Post Number: 192
i got my sd2.5 friday and i couldnt wait to hear it so i put it in my friends eclipse. so i take his speaker outta the box and put mine in it. he has a crappy 400 watt amp which was prolly doin like 150 rms. anyways, it was not impressive. so i put my amp in his car and run it at like 800 watts... it didnt sound near as loud as i was hoping. what makes it worse, his car is an eclipse so its a hatchback, i figured it would wang like a mo' fo' but it didnt... so yeah im kinda sad. although, he did have a crappy box and i havent built the one that the sd2.5 is supposed to be in yet so maybe that will change how it sounds. i was impressed with the quality though. very clean sounding. but i was hopin for way more spl. peeps told me the sd2.5 was as loud as an L7... so far, i disagree. but we will have to wait and see how it sounds in the appropriate box. well sorry for biitchin and cryin on here. im just kinda dissapointed

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8977
a crappy box can make a $10,000 sub sound awfull! Just keep that in mind.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11262
"peeps told me the sd2.5 was as loud as an L7"

^^Sorry...who told u that lie???

but when u get a better install it should be decent...

Silver Member

Post Number: 193
the enclosure is THAT important? i definetly hope so cuz man that thing was barely shakin anything.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8982
yes it is THAT important!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 194
well, they didnt exactly say it was louder but they said it was about = to an L7

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11263
who told u that...i remember telling some people on this forum a few days or weeks ago that they where not....dont remember who i told..

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1863
yeah man. I can't imagine putting a DD or AQ subwoofer in a sealed enclosure. IT performs its best in a ported enclosure. once you go ported you won't be dissapointed. its like getting a viper with no motor and putting a toyota tercel motor in.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8985
thats my favorite analogy Berny:-)

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8986
I like using the ferrari with a gremlin motor:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 195
i hope when i get the box built for it that it will come to life. i want my ears to start ringing like they used too!

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8987
GL with that!!! hearing is highly overrated!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 196
lol. sure is! well i gots to get off of here. im gonna go boo-hoo some more. lol. talk to yall laterz

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3072
yea hearing isnt even that tight...i mean who wants to listen to someone b!tch at them...lol

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8990
or hear a wheels bus honking for you to get out of the way right before it splatters your brain all over the road! yeah forget hearing it sucks.

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 755
ohh boy audioque is bunk :-)

not my favorite

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 932
Lol...Audioque is not bunk and what is wrong with sealed enclosures Berny?Ported are not the BEST for performance, it's preference.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1869
"IT performs its best in a ported enclosure"

Theres nothing wrong with a sealed enclosure. I'm talking mainly of dd/aq. He wasn't pleased with it being in a sealed enclosure. And he should once he goes ported.

"Ported are not the BEST for performance"
agreed, but for DD/AQ IMO ported is best. do you disagree?

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Audioque SD2.5-ville, HENDERSON, NC VP of 15 Wan...

Post Number: 892
Ok Matt, first things first...WHY THE HELL DID YOU PUT IT IN A SEALED ENCLOSURE?? lol Sorry for the all caps...anyway, that subs is designed for ported enclosures, so of course the performance wouldn't be up to par. Second, dude even with 400 watts that thing should have been pounding. I only have 150 watts going to both of my 2.5's, they are very efficient subs so I don't know why they didn't wang. Third, don't give up hope, just wait until you build your PORTED ENCLOSURE for it and you will TOO see how good that subs is! I mean damn, vids can't explain it all, but you see how my 2.5s perform. Don't give up hope young Padawan! lol

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 939
Yes,I disagree completely.It's because it's all preference lol.Sound is all to the ear and different people like different sounds lol,that's what I was getting at Berny.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2920

quote:

but for DD/AQ IMO ported is best. do you disagree?

i do i had a 3512 sealed and the SQ was perfect, and it had a flat responce not like youll get ported.

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 269
Trell, where are those vids located? I know I watched them when you posted, but I'd like a review lol Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3704
"the only good thing about a sealed enclosure is theres lots of room for improvement"
8)

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1042
haha^^^

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

[:-]15 Wangers Club[:-] Premier Member

Post Number: 5108
ok ok ok....WHAAT THE HELL. Did you break it in??? Or did you just take it out of the box and throw some power on it?

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1871
well it didn't seem like his preference was going to be a sealed. so I'm just saying going ported will get him what he wants. and if it doesn't then he was probaly to hyped about the sd2.5.

Silver Member

Post Number: 197
yes logan i was breaking it in with my friends car. it was just a measely 400 watts. plus his amp SUCKS so it was prolly really only seeing like 100-150? i just hope it sounds way better in the box im buildin for it this week!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us