Is This Possible ?

Bronze Member
Username: Foong_one

Post Number: 24
Can this 4-channel Jensen JPA460 amp be used to power two front speakers and bridging the 2 rear channels to power a 300-Watt constant RMS sub ??

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Specifications-of-Jensen-4-Channel-Amplifier-JPA4 60/sem/rpsm/oid/119446/rpem/ccd/productDetailSpecification.do#tabs

Bronze Member
Username: Moey_g

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 44
It can be done, but dont expect much from it.

Silver Member
Username: Ars88

P.I.M.P , Pakistani/In...

Post Number: 402
yeah....jensen is jus like pyle/lanzar/dual and other crap....for that price i am sure you can find a much better amp on ebay...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
Yeah, I know. But, my real point is: can a 4-channel amp be used to power two front speakers, and bridged to power a sub at the same time? The Circuit City "geniuses" told me that 4-channel amps were not meant to power subs...they're just meant to power 4 regular speakers, and that if they're bridged to power a sub/speaker combo, then they (the amps) won't last long. Is this true? I really don't have the money right now to buy an add'l. amp.

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 752
be easy ... i work at circuit city lol

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 966
if the amp is 2 ohm stable on each channel and you bridge it, that "channel" is now only stable at 4 ohms or if it is 1 ohm stable, bridged it is only 2 ohm. just be careful of that

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
So, if the amp is stable at 4 ohms per channel, and we bridge them, then now, we got 8 ohms stable total. This'll mean less power going to a 4-ohm sub, which'll make it sound less loud? Correct me if I'm wrong please, somebody. I need to get this right, coz I don't wanna spend my money for nothing. I'm not as rich as you guys here.

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1612
yea i'm doing it right now until i have the money for more power wire and a distribution block for my sub amp

Silver Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 968
if the each channel is 4 ohms and you bridge it, the amp will only be stable down to 8 ohms. what is the VC config of your sub?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Thanx, Andrew. It's SVC, not DVC. You know, in fact, this is what I have:

Factory HU
The Jensen JPA460 amp
6.5" Polk dB650 (front doors)
6" x 9" Bostons S95 (rear deck), and
12" Boston G212-4 (sealed box):

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-DAXm166PSUN/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=520&I=065G2124

Silver Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 971
I'll just go ahead and say that that amp isnt putting out near what it says it is. if you can return it, do it. to be honest I'm not sure how it works with bridging 2 and leavin 2 normal but I'm pretty sure you can do what your saying and it will run at 4 ohms. get a second opinion about that first though. like I said though, that amp ISNT putting out what it says it is

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
So, F#&KING lying bast_ards at Audiovox, huh?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Anyway, that sub/amp system was put together by a very well-respected car audio shop around my way (and they were, pretty much, THE 2nd opinion...after Circuit City).

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 953
I'm Bored..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Andy Money, those TC subs look tres nice.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1172
most 4ch amps are 2ohm stable channel's and 4ohm bridged they arent really meant for subs either mono blocks are made for subs but they still make bass either way lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us