Sub up or sub back

Bronze Member
Username: Nkknutson

Post Number: 65
i talked to my local audio store and they want to install the amp on the top or back of the box. better yet if anything happens to the amp they will replace it. so should i place the sub on top of the box or point it to the back. i'm going ported because i heard a L7 in a sealed than in a ported and it had no comparison the ported box was twice the bass!!! any ideas

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Audioque SD2.5-ville, HENDERSON, NC VP of 15 Wan...

Post Number: 869
that's not a good idea on anyside of the box, IMO. What kinda vehicle do you have?

Silver Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 737
agreed i wouldnt get an L7 but it's not me and again we need to know what kind of vehicle u have

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 952
I would point the sub the same way as the port but that is MO. a couple people do sub up and port back here. But I defiantly wouldnt suggest the amp ON the box. Make an amp rack

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
i have a 4-runner 2006

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2917
i wouldnt reccommend puting the amp on the box directly...if you do, put an axtra layer of mdf between the amp and box...that shuold help...but i still wouldnt put it on the box personnally...

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11233
ur paying them to install and build u a box??

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2936
thats gotta be a fortune

$200-$250 for the box
$200 for the install

an extra $400-500 FTL

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
no makin the box my self and if they install the amp they said they will talke the chance of putting it on the box. i really don't have any other option. plus it's only on sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us