Fi q vs. id max vs. w6

Silver Member
Username: Razzeldazzel06

Post Number: 120
im looking for the best 12 inch subs between these brands now ..i want like mostly sq and some good spl/bass for rap and techno..what sub am i better off getting...money is not an issue so what am i looking at and can u suggest what single amp would be great for any of those 12 inch subs???????? and for the fi's they say i can get it in 1 dual or two dual...which one would be better?? and the same thing goes with the id max's they say either 2 ohm or 4ohm...which setups????????

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
oh ye aand for fi subs..what is the different between the bl and the q??? they both have the same rms=1000...which on eyou think is better for daily driver who wants sq most of the time but wants to be able to bump once in a while for fun and partys and crap...

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 337
ive talked to scott about this and the Q is still the higher end SQ sub, but the BL is made for a lil louder/less sq and it is really meant to be used in conjunction with upgrades and ran at higher than 1500 rms which you have stated you dont want electrical upgrades and sq so the Q is def a better match for you

Silver Member

Post Number: 123
should i buy it straight from the fi website and should i get dual 1 or dual 2 and what is hte best amp for them??

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3002
straight from fi is the only place unless you buy a used one and what amp you use will decide whether dual 1 or 2ohm coils.

Silver Member

Post Number: 124
alright so tell me what is the best amp for the 12 inch fi q's and help me with i should get the 1 dual or 2 dual??

Silver Member

Post Number: 125
anyone???

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2824
i'd get a idmax, amazing sub. but if you stick with the q i'd go with a sx650.1, its a very nice amp should push the q nicely.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3006
you can pick up a sundown saz1500.1d for $450 brand new from www.soundsolutionsaudio.com and if you do get the dual 1ohm subs.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3007
oops, for some reason thought you asked about the ssd. for a single q you could get a ed nine.1, kicker sx 1250, jbl 1201, arc audio kar 1000v1 (my pick), etc. any amp that'll do 800-1200wrms, clean. i'd go with a dual 2ohm q and the arc audio amp.

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 730
sx650 isnt another power for a q ... itll laugh at that power

Silver Member

Post Number: 126
who thinks the id max is a better then the fi q in terms of sq and of spl.....and also for the amp how about the memphis 1100d..im looking to get two 12 inch running at lik 600 rms

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3011
600wrms isn't enough for a single q. i'd say it's really close on the sq, but the q might have a little more output. it'll come down to install imo.

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 734
q>idmax

heard both in the same application same box same power ...

q takes the cake in the everything

2.2 cu ft sealed
1000 rms

Silver Member

Post Number: 127
so what should i do then with the q...i want to get two 12's...can i buy a premaid box for them in stores cause i dont want to build a box...and is it okay for me to run the q at 700rms each..1000 is going to be too much like i heard the two 12w6's and they were really loud for me isnt the q going to get like 50 times louder??

Silver Member

Post Number: 128
????

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3051
if it's to much for you, try another sub or just get a single q.

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1416
i would include the SI Mag 12 if you're looking for a killer SQL type sub. Be a killer in the group.

Silver Member

Post Number: 129
i dont know what a si mag is and i dont need anymore suggestions thank you..picking between id max, the w6 and the fi is extremely hard for me.....the fi i have to order off the comp i dont really trust that......and i cant hear it in person...with the id max and jl audio i have local dealers who are certified dealers of jl and i know of a store right by me that carries id max..the fi q is a great price but that doesnt even come with a dual box and i really dont wnat to go tot he hassle of findidng one that fits and stuff...i dont know too much about this stuff thats y im asking you guys and when im with a dealer they help pick stuff out for me and stuff and show me what all fits

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 909
your best off building your box to begin. id take the Q ALL DAY over the other choices. you can order the Fi by phone. JL is overpriced. dealerships are g@y. now buy the damn Q

Silver Member

Post Number: 130
i cant build a box lol i dont know how and i want it to look nice in the back of my truck i dont want it sloppy i want ti nice and clean like some machine built it...and what amp should i get for 2 12 inch q's????

Silver Member

Post Number: 131
and i want the ebst amp for those particular 12 inch q's but i aint spending over 1000 on the amp

Silver Member

Post Number: 352
for a grand you have a TON of choices but just go out and get yourself a kicker ZX2500.1 or even two Jl 1000/1's, hell go out and have a ball with a massive audio P3000.1 1500 rms each though is REALLY pushing it i think they could take it as i have talked to someone who has done it but i wouldnt push it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 132
i have a feeling these subs are to loud for me......i think im better off getting the id's or w6's...the id rms is between 200-1000 and the w6's are like 400-500..that is more my goal..if i have to pay a little bit mroe money for jl then i might as well because the id max subs are ugly as hell to look at

Silver Member

Post Number: 357
i really think your better off with the W6 it just seems like it would fit you well, your not big into SPL you just want good clean bass and if you get 2 12w6s and a 1000/1 you dont really need any electrical upgrades

Silver Member

Post Number: 133
unless i can power the two 12 inch fi's with a 1100 watt amp only giving about 600watts a piece but if that aint going to work then i dont want them..because the jl's do that and the id's do that too

Silver Member

Post Number: 359
the Q would be fine off of that power but if you have a big budget you might wanna just go to a dealer and have this stuff done then you don't really have to worry about it

Silver Member

Post Number: 136
so if i get two 12 inch q's and i go to a dealer i can get a box form them???a good amp from them??and they set everything up for me right????and ill probably need a 15 farad or 20 farad capacitor right???

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Wishes there was an 18...

Post Number: 728
its funny how people cringe on internet forums when someone says something about running more or less than their rms rating...

2 Qs will sound great with 600rms apiece...

you dont need any capacitors. with the amount of power you are talking about running your car should be fine. i would upgrade all of your power and ground wires to 1/0 though.

Silver Member

Post Number: 362
yeah tremor is right and IF you do feel your needing a lil more voltage then get a kinetik HC1400 or even a HC800 they are much better than caps i will never recommend a cap unless its strictly cosmetics.

Silver Member

Post Number: 729
do you already have the 1100 watt amp? what amp is it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 730
i would definently get a good battery though just to feel safe, like either of those that troy said...

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
memphis 1100d i heard is a very good amp...its 1100 rms x 1ohm and 600rms x 2 ohm...so should i get 2 12 inch q's with a 2 dual or 2 12 inch q's with a 1 dual..............and where can i buy a good box for them because i aint making one?????

Silver Member

Post Number: 138
i want a box that is for mostly sq purposes and for good bump for rap so all around..my friends jl's are sealed and it sounds great so?????????

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
can anyone answer my last two questions???????

Silver Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 142
I'd go 2-12's with 1 Ohm DVC. As for the box, Im a big fan of Sealed. Personally, I like the tighness of the bass and the response curve.

Silver Member

Post Number: 732
bobby, sent you a pm...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us