Components question

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 858
I was wondering since I just got these pg R6.5s and they dont have a true crossover network but still sound good, could I get a crossover network and use that???? I mean I dont see why I couldnt. the only thing is that the tweeter has that like bass blocker thing on it as its crossover and would I have to snip that out of the equation if I got an external crossover or what???? By the way I ask because I got some mtx T6.5 crossovers comin and want to know if the sound will be more crisp and what not. thanks........

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3175
wait wait the pg comes with two crossovers inside theres a tweeter switch if you dont like the tweets sound , they come with cross overs maybe u got ripped off, u should get the octanes r z rated so much better or make your current components go in the back and the new ones in front they are only like 90 bucks and they are worth every penny

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 861
no the tweeter has like a bass blocker on its wiring ya know, and the rest is plain. U essentially end up running the tweets positive and the woofers positive to the amps positive and so on for the negative, but now I have crossovers and want to hook them up even though they arent pg, they are mtx, but set up for a 4 ohm load. will it work fine????

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2747
i dont see why you dont have the PG ones they come with x-overs

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 863
maybe they forgot em. idk but since i have these mtx ones can i use them???

Gold Member

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3182
it gonna sound bad i can sell u my cross overs if u want i still have them around here but one crossover its missing a screw i no longer ned them cuz my freakin cousin put the components midbas on my hifonics bxi2006d so they blow so i only got the cross overs and like 2 tweeters but one i think dont work. if i found the crossovers i can sell it for like 10 bucks

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 867
crossovers for the pg's or what??? Im gonna try the mtx and see how it goes, then I will et ya know.

Gold Member

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3187
yeah i had the pg but the octanes r z rated (the one with the silk tweeter) the only diference its that the regular octanes have mylar tweets and have a 12db octane croossover the ones that i got are for the one with the silk(but its the same as the silk) and have 24db octane croossover aight try em up let me know how they sound i have my pg around somewhere i let u know how that shyt go.

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 872
here is what the manula looks like when they show how to hook up the components........Upload

there is no crossover in the manual so I assume they dont come with one except that in line one with the tweeter there. so when I hook these up to my mtx crossovers would I have to cut that thing thats hooked to the tweeter out or what???

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 873
oh come on someone answer me damnit!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 9208
the xovers that come with your speakers are designed to work with that specific speaker. but my friend used a jl audio xr series xover on his kicker comps and they sounded just fine. infact it sounded better than before when he had the kicker xover.

my point is try out the mtx xover and if you like it then thats fine.

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 875
alright thanks chad. but what about that goofy azz bass blocker lookin thing??????? do I take that out or leave it in??

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 9211
take it out. the xover is going to block it out anyways.

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 876
alrighty then.............Chad. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .. .. .. ................................................................................ ................................................................................ ...........................................................................

UR THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!! KEEP UP THE AWESOMNESS THAT SURROUNDS U!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 879
alrighty }}}then.............Chad. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .. .. .. ................................................................................ ................................................................................ ...........................................................................

UR THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!! KEEP UP THE AWESOMNESS THAT SURROUNDS U!!!!!!!!!!}}}

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 880
alrighty }}}then.............Chad. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .. .. .. ................................................................................ ................................................................................ ...........................................................................

UR THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!! KEEP UP THE AWESOMNESS THAT SURROUNDS U!!!!!!!!!!}}}

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 881
wtf happened haha thats my first ever triple post..........dont know how that happened.

Gold Member

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3205
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2588.html

well i got those crossovers around here

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 884
thnaks MR Rob. I am going to try and get these things hooked up tomorrow but its been rainin most the time and work is all consuming. haha I got my new box in tonight at like 930 in pooring down rain. will get pics up later of that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us