Advice on Infinity Subs & Amps

Username: Car_audio_newbie

Post Number: 1
I got a set of Infinity Kappa Perfect10.1's 4ohms, 350W RMS, 14OOW PEAK subs. I kind of know what that stuff means, but am unsure how to pick out an amp for them. Would an Infinity 300 Watt Subwoofer Amp be suitable? I am open to any advice as I am just getting into car audio. I know this amp has just one channel, so is it powerfull enough for two subs? I have a GMC Jimmy and a 06 mustang and was also contemplating putting a sub in each of them as opposed to two in just one vehicle. The specs for the amp have different OHM ratings & bridged power ratings. (I am clueless as to what these mean) Thanks for your help!

Bronze Member
Username: Rosrock2000

FI SSD 12 , MI USA

Post Number: 25
Fisrt off always ignore peak.. 2nd if the amp ur talking about is mono then it will most likely do 300 rms at 2 ohms.. you need 2 amps thatll do 300 at 4 ohms if you want to put it in both cars. If you want to put both subs in one car then get an amp that does 700 rms at 2 ohms. hope i helped a little.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3834
Rob grab audiobahn a8000V

Username: Car_audio_newbie

Post Number: 2
Thanks guys, that does help. One more question though, do I have to stick with everyting being 4 ohms? (ie one subwoofer per car with one amp per car at 4 ohms each?) I went to a sales centre and the guy there says to ignore numbers and go with Clarion APX1300 at 300 watts 4ohms, then another place tells me to get the mtx TC4002 which is 900watts at 4 ohms. Seems like a big difference to me. I trust the info I get here more than the sales guys, what do you think? Keep in mind this is one sub and amp per car.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3847
Rob, if i were you i'd only trust guys from here or some1 with awesome systems, if not then be sure...

If your infinity's are dual 4 ohm voice coils then get a 700-800w rms at 1 ohm or 4 ohms

If they're 4 ohm SVC then grab a kicker ZX 750.1 or audiobahn a8000V if your budget is tight.

For 800w rms at 1 ohm i'd grab a hifonics BX1000d (old version not the newer ones. You can buy them here: www.onlinecarstereo.com)

Silver Member
Username: Budling

Cali USofA

Post Number: 161
So let me get this straight Juliob, your recommending that he get the BX1000d and run it at 500wrms if its 2ohm DVC or at 250wrms if its 4ohm SVC. I dont know if I like that.

Your suggestions for SVC 4ohms would work well though. (kicker ZX 750.1 or audiobahn a8000V).

Rob, if your subs are dual 4ohm voice coils, you want an amp for each sub that does around 400wrms at 2ohms. Because you wire the two voice coils down to 2ohms.
If they are single 4ohm, you want an amp for each sub that does around 400wrms at 4ohms.

This is if you will be runnin the subs in seperate cars.

You understand the difference in parallel and series wiring and how it affects ohm load right?

LOL, this is the first time ive posted in probably a year. I moved over to J designs.info because of all the garbage that was goin on over here. I come over here now and again when its slow at J designs, so I decided to reactivate my account so that I can reply when peolpe are giving false info over here and also to try a recruit some new members.

Ne way, come over and check us out over at J Designs.info Rob, its a killer forum but we need some more peeps. Take out the space between the j&d. Later fellas.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3878
Woofer, you need to understand my post first... if they're both dual 4 ohm, hifonics BX1000D is 800w rms at 1 ohm which is a perfect match.

2 4ohmDVC= 1 ohm load

What's wrong with that. And hell yeah go to j designs forum, pretty good

Silver Member
Username: Budling

Cali USofA

Post Number: 163
That would be good, but I think hes runnin these in two different cars.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us