Good?? bad?? CAPACITORS

Bronze Member
Username: Lance_p

Post Number: 40
i dont want to spend a whole lot of money and i don't know much about capacitors...Im looking at $30-45 for my phoenix gold Rds 1200.1 class mono amp...here is something on this site for $40 any good?? http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/2666870/vpcsid/0 /SFV/30046

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11556
http://wickedcases.com/caraudio/capacitors.html

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 1621
Just strap a giant simi double trailler full of extremely high capacity batteries all wired in parallel to your amp. Blow the crap out of your sub if you use enough amps. <burp>

Better yet, strap (steal it from some secret testing agency?) a megacapacitor (100 nonofarads?) to your system and it would take a preeety long sine wave to run it down. That's a BIG bandaid.

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 1622
Wow I must've been out of it when I typed that. Look at all the errors.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
I know I need a capacitor becasue my headlights dim to the bass, but does it matter if i buy a cheap capacitor or not? Im actaully getting the one on the website that i posted on my first entry ^^up there for free?? opinions PLEASE thnx

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3446
"I know I need a capacitor becasue my headlights dim to the bass"

um, yeah, sounds like you need a cap. pretty bad. did you even bother to read the link chauncy gave you? how much power are you running in your system and what kind of charging system you have (i.e. stock battery, alt.)?

Silver Member
Username: Clouduz

Post Number: 113
ok i just got one, and it comes with the resistor or whatever but in the directions the make no metion of it. Can anyone plz give me detailed instructions on how to hook up a capacitor? Step by step plz. It's new so i know you need to "charge" it first. thankyou

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
yes, I did read it, but after all the info, I understand what each part of a capacitor is meant for what. i have stock both battery and alternator in my acura mdx, so does that mean with a system pumping 1200wats RMS should i go with a 2farad??

Bronze Member
Username: Scorpionzero454

Post Number: 75
lance you would be better off with a) a bigger battery, around 1000-1200amps, or b) get a second battery that matches the one you got now

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 446
HO alternator is THE ONLY fix for an inadequate charging system.

Read the link posted above!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us