Please HELP

Bronze Member
Username: Mfgirbaud05

Post Number: 22
ok i cant make up my damn mind if i want to get these 2 Rockford Fosgate 12" (500 watt RMS) or should i get a Power Acoustik MOFO-12 (1200 Watt RMS) ? I already got one of those 12" Power acoustik 1200 Watt RMS subs. so if i get another one it'll be 2400 watt RMS. what you think i should do ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
but if i do get another Power Acoustik 12" id have to get a big a55 amp. What amp would someone recomend that i get for 2400 Watts RMS. Or do you think that one of those 12" would be good enough and i should just get a amp that is 1200 Watts RMS @ 1 ohm , or maybe even 1000 watts RMS @ 1 ohm would be good enough especially knowing the fact that my alternator is prolly a piece of sh1t since i only got a 92' Ford Tempo. Can someone tell me a pretty good brand amp that can push atleast 1000 watts RMS @ 1 ohm that isnt that expensive. also can someone explain to me if i did get an amp 1000 watt RMS @ 1 ohm how would i hook it up to one 1200 watt RMS sub ?

Anonymous

JBL 1200.1, it puts out 1200+ watts at 1 ohm and is around 300 online. Probably the cheapest GOOD amp you'll find. I highly recommend Fosgate over Power Acoustik, as Power Acoustik is very poor quality and MOFO's are way too expensive for what you get out of them. I'd get 2 500 watt RMS fosgates, push them w/ a JBL 1200.1, and turn the gain down so you don't kill them w/ the extra power. If you had to you could eventually get three. That would pound really hard.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
i bought my MOFO-12 for only $50. im probably just going to sell it then since alot of people says its not that good and get them 500 watt fosgates then. maybe i can hustle up on some money and get that RF amp 1000 Watts RMS @ 2 ohms. but thats like $350. but do u think those two 12" fosgates will hit alot harder than that MOFO-12 ?

Anonymous

Yeah, a lot harder, especially in a ported enclosure (I don't recommend bandpass, no SQ whatsoever) with the 1000w amp.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 129
I would defanetly recomend Rockford over any brand except Kicker and JL. Rockford is great stuff, good people and just cool.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us