Equiptment raffles?

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 854
I was thinking... who can be trusted on this forum the best.. we can have some sort of raffles if we have enought people to enter them i was thinking maybe 10$ a ticket if we have around 60 people or 5$ a ticket if we have like 120... or so... depending on the item being raffled in all. But just basically raffle the items off and purchase it with the ticket money.. i dont kno if anyone would be instreted but who knows.. id give it a try..

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2254
splbassx forums does it .. only $1 a ticket and they have great prizes and it is no joke :-)

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 858
but how many people enter the raffles? I basically am thinking we agree on a item, and from there see how many people are willing to enter and then from there divide up the avg. shipping price and item price then make the ticket price. And once the tickets have all been sold out the raffle will begin(this way everyone who wants a chance to win it, payed for it)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2257
over there it is done by tickets sold.. after all the tickets are sold there will be the drawing.. there is a 1st - 3rd place prizes. 1st place gets to pick one of anything listed

The last 1st place winner chose an RE XXX 06 model

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 859
but that would mean there has to be atleast 600 or so tickets sold at 1$ to afford that.. depending on the prizes.. If it was just a raffle where we wait for the money and all then pick the prizes i dont think everyone would really be to intrested in raffling for some prize that is unknown

Gold Member

Post Number: 2258
http://www.splbassx.com/forums/index.php?s=60075087514ebd37cfe451dc6651eb3a&show forum=18

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 860
its just to bad that, that forum is being g@y and wont let me post a damnnn thing whats the deal with it? I registered and tryed to reply to a few different threads and CANT! wtf!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2260
no clue. i've never had a problem lol. did you validate your account via the email?

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 862
never recieved a validation email i was thinking that to. and i kno i entered the email right

Gold Member

Post Number: 2261
I'd use a different email.. but that is why you can't post.. you have to have a valid account

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1529
thats why you join j designs :D. lmao jk. Anyways I'm IN! The only thing I would hate to see is the winner selling the item, but yeah. How about we start off with some Fi Q's. They are nicely priced. 2nd and third can probaly be some other items such as a nice cheap component set and maybe some type of head unit. and with raffles you can buy as many tickets as you want! so yeah. would be nice to get something for lets say under 10 bucks. It'll be coo, we just need to find someone to keep track of it, buy it, and then hold it off.

Username: Whitewidow

IL

Post Number: 10
Whenever I receive a validation E-mail it goes directly into my spam-folder automatically, so check there when you can.

Silver Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 875
ok it came in...it just said the admin validated my account..probally cuz i sent him a email saying it dont work... but keep this bumped everyone needs to see it for this to happen
The 1$ a ticket and buy more then 1 ticket is a good idea to start off selling like 300-400 tickets then start the raffle and we can start with more lower priced things like the FI Q's and if price isnt to much different maybe the winner can choose between the different sizes as well..

^bump

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Alpine type S 6.5 inch...

Post Number: 2007
this will be the greatest thing ever..... im in

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 509
who's account is all the ticket money going to pile into?

Silver Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 877
i can do it with my paypal or we can have sombody else that is always on here that we all trust to do it.. like chad or any of those other people (people that are always on ecoustics and have no life...jp chad lee lol)

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3498
do i qualify as one of those people lol jp i wouldnt want the responsiblility lol but do i qualify

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1561
We should do this on the j designs forum because we can have the thread always at the top without bumping it, and we can edit # amount of posts, as well as other things. It'll be easier to do if you guys really wanted to do it.

Silver Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 634
yeahhh this sounds sick, im in

Bronze Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 67
I'm in, even if it was two or three bucks to speed up the process and get better stuff.

Silver Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 886
thats what im saying, we dont have to start off with bad@ss stuff we need it to go well first. like the first time around we can see how many people actually enter it then divide the avg. amount of people by the item price and get the ticket price and keep avg. the amount of people until it gets bigger

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8511
I am in, and if you want me to hold the money I will take the job. I am sure Chad and Muddy and a few other top guys on here will vouch for me. This sounds like fun:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2274
we should start it off with a set 6.5" A/D/S 346s :-)

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8515
thats a nice gift:-)

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 512
i agree with Berny on doing it @ a more organized forum, but ecoustics gets so much traffic....errrrrgggg

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8517
so does Jdizzle now:-)

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1977
ill vouch for james. ive never met him but he seems like a good guy talking to him on here.

Silver Member
Username: Brynm

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 258
I'd be in for a few just give me a heads up where to pay up.

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 824
yeah guys. J designs i defiantly a better place to do it...

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 528
Killa. The memeber validation is set to manual approval. This was done to combat a bot prog that signs up members....then spams the forum with their crap. I validate as often as possible, sometimes it takes a minute.

Raffles, generally, take a butload of time to run their course as the cost of the tickets needs to cover the item being raffled.

They dont really make anything for the site, sans a bills or two.....they mainly just make things a little more exciting than the normal for the forum.

We've had a few, and had quite a few decent prizes.

http://www.splbassx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=666

As of late, ive been giving the winners the chance to choose wtfe they need rather than have the prize set in stone. The prize, rarely is needed equally by all who enter, so this is why.

Paypal....good and bad. They charge 3%. So expect to be 3% short of your total goal.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us