(PICS) Install of new Comps

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2284
Went ahead and installed the 5-1/4" mids to replace my 6-1/2" factory mids... Peal-n-Sealed the door..

.... and well idk what happened but when I rolled me window back down I heard a SNAP! .. rolled it up and it only went up 6 inches. They are electric so I was pissed cuz I thought I broke the mechanism. Well the window caught the wire and snapped it and I think the window caught the magnet on those suckas so the factory went back in. I'll be honest the factory mids suprised me... very well built for factory and everything was run with 14awg wiring. Not too shabby..

So after this mishap I'm am not doing any comps for a while.. although you guys might see me fiberglass some pods for some 7" daytons

....either or mold them into my door panels .... Weeeeeeeeeeeee!

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1760
That's weird that 5.25" wouldn't fit right in a 6.5" slot...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2287
I made an adapter lol... needless to say they are not in right now but oh well.. it was worth a shot. I can make them work but depending on if I get the 7" dayton comp set I won't worry about it.. if not I'll do it

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1762
What kind of components are those in the pics by the way?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2289
the first pic is stock.. the last is Focal

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Premier...

Post Number: 10274
i have done this a few times b4 so im thinking all u need r some risers/spacers to uplift them a bit so u get more room @ the back inside the door - ....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2303
the factory speakers are mounted out quite a bit so I'm willing to bet if i made the adapter out of 3/4" it would give me enough room..

...but im making plans for some 7" daytons. priced some door panels for $50 a piece so idk
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us