(2) DD Z1 and (2) @1ohmDVCDD9915 vs (2)15 FI Fullyloaded BTL's

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 856
The topic explains it all... what subs would u put on those 2 Z1 amps, the 9915's or the BTL'S or would you go with different amps?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Im pushing i... And pushing ...

Post Number: 3014
atomic apx or apxx :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 3015
oh yes i will go with two z2 or two atomics 5000.1

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 857
Should have also noted.... Im going for daily\comp with excepptional SQ but mainly SPL and prefer 2ohm

Gold Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1168
dd's ftmfw

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 861
btw Mr. rob that completely changes the topic... i am going with either one of those 2 mention subs, i dont hear enough about atomic to really think its worth it, ive seen em take a beating but ehhh comon its DD!!!! lol But basically my concern is the amps... can i find somthing better for less then 1675$ a amp. thats $3350 for the 2 amps.... i no its a good brand and all but thats a bit high for amps.. what other amps out there can take .5ohm burps of atleast 6k and give 3.8k+ at 2ohms daily? with low THD, if THD wasnt the issue earthquake would be perfect..

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8457
get the dd9515's. everybody else is getting them. however i have heard the 9515 and its not like it is such an awesome driver. yes i am very impressed with the performance but i am also very impressed with the performance of my btl's.

as far as getting the z2 amp, you won't see its full potential unless you have a 16v charging system. that means you would need to get an isolator and at least a few 16v batteries in the trunk.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2284
You would need a 16v alternator, 12V series regulator and a few 16V batteries. The regulator would be used to change the 16v to around 15V to opperate the cars electronics. Funny how 1V can ruin a party, Polo. :-)

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8460
nevermind. he was talking about z1 amp. i thought he was saying z2. z1 amps don't need 16v. damn whats up with me this morning. i must be slowly becoming insane. i think its my age. i am getting old. lol.

i had no idea you would need all that for a 16v setup polo. i thought an isolator would do the trick.

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 293
Chad, what setup of 9500's did you hear that wasn't awesome????

Kevin

PS: He is looking at the 9915's

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8481
2 9515 reconed with kevlar cones powered by 2 3000wrms soundstream amps in extra cab 4 x 4 in a blow through setup.

what i meant to say up there is it does sound awesome but not too far off from my btls. i am impressed by my btl's just as much.

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 865
9915's ;) with plentty of room for a big box and batterys and stuff doing all the charging system stuff wont be a problem as long as i can still remember the last place i seen that had 16V H\O's unless iraggi or exxcesive makes it? i was actually thinking about doing that in the first place with the z1's so i can get that extra .5V lol but i am watching some other forum.. i have the link in my favorites but on my work computer.. they are testing the z1's to see how they perform at various voltage's so if its good at the 16V fu<k it ima give it to it. i want it to get its full potential money isnt really the issue, time is :-( haha any1 got some fully loaded 15 btl's in chicago? same with the dd9915's? i wanna hear em both my local dealers around here carry only mainline stuff basically and i never really have time to make it to the places that carry the better stuff

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 866
chad im planing on about 3800rms@2ohm or more daily depending on how well my charging system is and thats to each sub how do u think that will sound?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3799
killa if you wanna go cheaper, autotek MM4000 puts 4000w rms at 2 ohms and costs like 900$

I'd say this... go with BTLs, they're cheaper and it's new. The DD will perform better but for the money... i don't think it worths it...

Gold Member

Post Number: 3017
the atomics apx have some good sq and its a great daily driver if u know how to use it

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8491
shhhhh mr rob. that is my next project. lol.

Silver Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 868
money isnt really the issue i want somthing thats gunna be LOUDDDDD and i mean loud enough were i wont ever get tired of it and think i need more bass... is that possible...??lol

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3494
i say dd all the way u want loud dd is there for ya

Silver Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 294
Ah ok Chad, gotcha. You know, I really don't like Soundstream amps anymore. Only reason I sell them is the expensive HR series.

Kevin

Silver Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 295
The HR is (Human Reign). They are expensive, BUT, they are nice and still true Soundstream boards. I can't stand Power Acoustik.

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2330
the Z1s are the awesome but look into the adassa warlords, they are crazy good amps

Silver Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 873
Doktah got a link? never heard of adassa

What would all of you recommend for ported\tuned box size\tuning? remember i have plenty of space.. backseats in the blazer can always be folded down and never used again ;) lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 3019
chad are u planning to run apxs??

Bronze Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 65
Good Lord the Adassa that Doc mentioned is a freakin' beast. Can't say I have ever seen them either.

http://www.adassaaudio.co.uk/products.html
http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Adassa_Audio_The_Warlord/

Silver Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 882
they deff. are some beast but the power ratings suck... 18V and all hmmmmmmm power issues.. more shopping for better H\O's at different voltages... depending on what i find for power supplys and all is where i look for low voltage high current amps or vice versa

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8514
i would love to run the apx mr rob.

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 2334
i didnt know the adassa did power at 18 volts, but they are beasts nonetheless

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 2335
i just went to the site it does rated power at 14, the warlord is a 5k amp, its just stable up to 18v

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 394
Go with DD. They make incredibly solid subs, that can handle massive amounts of power, and get extremely loud. The 99's or 95's would work great with the Z1 amps. Also, I am sure you could get a deal if you are buying all those DD products from Kevin.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us