Rock / Metal Sub and Rap / Hip Hop Sub

Username: Korpseofdeath

San Lorenzo, California United States

Post Number: 5
Hey guys, so this thread, i'm looking for a sub for one of my other cars. I listen to alot of ROCK and DEATH METAL, what would be a sub that has some great sound quality and quick response to those bass drum kicks, and also pack a punch right back at me, you know. I do listen to that occasional hip/hop, so having something that bumps would also be in my liking. I'd like to see what you guys would refer and I'd go take a look, and i'd be back to tell you guys which one I liked best. Thanks for all your help and for all who read! =D

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 446
probably a mag, looks like it will cover all of those categories of yours - but you didnt include a price category so mag might be out...

Post Number: 6
How much for like a 12" or 15"? Where could I find out more information about them?

Silver Member
Username: Gangstaplayer

Gangstaville chicago

Post Number: 204
alpine type rs hit hard and fast and take the lows with easz we have the same taste in music and i had those seriously just get them

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 8108
yeah them type Rs do hit nicely with all kinds of music.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8190
agreed type r's are ncie and cheap, look into cerwin vega v-max also.

Silver Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 518
whats ur budget??

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2386
maybe 2 dd 1012s
ddaudio.com

Post Number: 8
Nice suggestions, looks like i'm going to check out the Alpine type R's. Right now I have a 15" RE SX sub. I just bought it brand new in the box, but thinking about selling it. I havn't hooked it up and listened to it yet, cuz I don't want to open the box if i'm just going to sell it again you know. Do you think that RE sub would be good, or should I look moer into the Alpine's? My budget is around $600.00. Hopes that answers must of your questions! =D

Post Number: 9
I'm actually looking at the Alpine SWX-1242D. Here is the link to the site for that sub

http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/products/product.php?model=SWX-1242D

Would anyone recommend this for my metal and rap preferences?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2407
type X pretty much suck.

the sx is supposed to be a pretty nice sql sub though i havnt heard one.

id that the sx over type Rs. because you have it id try it out and if you dont like it sell it.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1479
did you Look at the JLW6V2 12'?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Hey Marc, I've noted that on my pad a few times, but never actually took a look into it. Right now I do have the RE SX 15", so i'm gunna go ahead and give that a try, and if I don't like it, i'ma definitly look into the JLW6V2. Thanks for the help! =D

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 588
the sx is a nice sub and i would pic over r's anyday i had two 12's r in a ported box my sx gets louder..its a sql sub leaned more to spl.. i would pick your sx over those r's overall better driver but new ones are overpriced...at least u got one :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Everyone keeps talking about 12", so now it makes me very curious because no one seems to have answered it yet. What differences are there between 12" and 15"'s?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Also, now that I have a 15" RE SX specially made dual coil 4 ohms sub, I can only wire it down to 2ohms, so what amps would you guys recommend? I beleive this sub pushes out around 1000W RMS, someone told me, so I guess i'm tryin to look for a Class D monoblock amplifier with around 1000W RMS at 2 ohms correct? What do you guys recommend to me?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
One more thing to add, I have the Pioneer Premier DEH-P780MP headunit, with has a dedicated subwoofer RCA outlet that is 5V, if that helps for picking out an amplifer. =D Thanks for all that helps!

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 706
Cone area. 15's usually hit better lows, but it depends on the speaker.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us