RMS watts to a FI Q

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 123
ive heard alot of different awnsers, but whats the limit RMS i can put on one 18" FI Q. the website says 1000 but on the great 12 challenge they say ull be ok up to 1800 RMS. what do you guys think?

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 439
im putting 1500+ to my 15 right now, and im going to do the same with the 18...

go for it!

Bronze Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 42
hey andrizzle...ima b gettin a Q18 hopefully next month, have u had ur 15 metered? i have never heard a Q but im just goin on what people say. so basically im wanderin about how loud its gunna b gettin and if its gunna b loud enough for mut im expecting...

i figured its one of the louder sq subs for the price

Silver Member

Post Number: 443
what amp u gunna use?

no i havent metered it.

Oh and about the loudness, it moves ur clothes when ur outside the car... lol

What you gunna do for a box

i am 6 cube 28hz double baffle and bracing mine

Bronze Member

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 44
im not sure about the amp yet but i am leaning toward the kicker zx1000.1 since i dont really want to spend over 300 for the amp and can get it for about that on ebay

and i have a 98 mustang so i dont really have much room for anykind of system allowing me to get to my spare tire so i am removing the back seats and going with kind of a half-wall sort of thing....was looking at about 7-8cube ported and dont know about tuning yet....

but im not really final on anything yet since im trying to be completely sure about what i want

Silver Member

Post Number: 447
nice dude, take pics of the box - should be interesting. And if u have AIM - 'yuhpy' is me so if u have any questions i am usually on there as well as alot of helpful ppl from ecoustics

Bronze Member

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 45
sweet, ya ill definatly hit u up if i need sumthin or wen im gettin ready to start on the project jus to kinda make last minute decisions

any suggestions on an amp? what are u usuing?

Silver Member

Post Number: 448
im using a t10001bd

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/303249.html

Bronze Member

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 46
ohhhhh ya i was lookin at that earlier today lol...guess i wasnt payin attention to who's it was....very nice...i really like that amp too but they are runnin like almost 400 shipped on ebay i think...hmmm i wouldnt mind using one tho...i might look around an see if i can pick up sumthin like that on one of the forums after christmas
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us