New subs.....1000$~

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 765
Ok so i have been trying to decide on what new subs will go in my ride.... my budget for the 2 subs is about 1000$~ give or take a few hundred....

I was thinking about a pair of FI BTL fully loaded 12's but have never heard them and cant find anywhere that carrys them for me to hear them so im thinking they might be a no no.. Im looking for a set of subs with good SQ along with alot of SPL im trying to hit about 160db, and i want them to get lowwww without any problems (like my power acoustics pop like pop corn when getting 3000rms at like 30hz) i have 1 earthquake phd5000 that does 3000rms @ 2ohms so im looking for each subs to be dual 1ohm so i can add another identical amp to produce 3000rms @ 2ohm to each sub, and be able to run them at about 750rms each at 4ohm until i get that 2nd amp..maybe a month or so after getting the subs.
Anybody have some good ideas on some subs to look into... BTW if possible i would like for the subs to be able to fit into my box i just made and sound perfect...but i kno that prolly isnt happening so i will build a new box if needed... this link goes to my box plans of my current box...
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/276637.html

^bump

Gold Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1115
160db? thats gunna be real hard! so ur gunna run 6000wrms? well i hit 144.86 with 1 dd 3512 and 2500wrms so i bet 2 9515s with 6000wrms would get ya close! i would always suggest rebuilding the box, maybe try a couple of boxes, to specs maybe a little larger than specs. you can get them in a variety of configs.

Silver Member
Username: Jemone

Stone Mountain, Georgia United States

Post Number: 148
What kind of electrical systems do u guys have to run 2500 watts and up wrms!?!!??

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 766
200A alt and 2 drycells with 0gauge runs.... only for my 3000wrms

i have plans to run alot better power for the 6000rms and still keep my 14.4V ;) no problem only gunna cost about 1500 for that power setup......atleast! lol

The problem with that richard, I NEED IT TO FOR SURE not a maybe, i dont want to buy somthing not doing what im looking for.. i bought more then enough stuff for testing different configs ( crap subs i got alot out of... broken meter i think but sid 149.6db with the 2 power acoustic mofo 12's but alot of people wanna say it cant do that... btw at 3000rms@2ohm i did it with songs tho....not test tones...aand nobody ever did more then 149.6db on that specific meter...

Silver Member
Username: Jemone

Stone Mountain, Georgia United States

Post Number: 149
Im gonna have to soup up my elec. system in my licoln i just bout to do what i want to do for summer 2007. Ur 200 amp alt sounds like the thing i need killa. I want to run a hifonics xx amp of some sort. Oh and for sq and spl why dont u try the hifonics goliath series i have heard them and they are not as muddy as alot of spl speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Dmm2005

DD Audio ORION, Warren Count... USA

Post Number: 335
The mofo subs actually do hit...i heard 2 of them in a honda accord, to be power acoustik they are pretty loud. Id say for your setup run two 9515s or if you have to have 12s 9512s would be good too...either way you will get a warranty and a little better SQ than the BTLs.

Silver Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

A T L

Post Number: 251
i was in walmart parking lot talkin to a few friends and this guy pulls up in an explorer and was bumpin...the guy i was talkin to works with the guy in the explorer. He was like ill blow you out of the water. I was like ok. SO i turn mine up and he goes "turn it up man" I was like its all the way up. Then he turns his on..pretty decent than says ha ha ha its only at volume seven. To get to the moral of the story my friend went and talked to this guy for about 5 minutes, the guy left and my friend came back to me and told me what the explorer guy had said. He said "Oh your buddy probably just has it wired wrong...you cant be that loud with only 800watts" LOL... it might not be that funny to you but i laughed my As$ off for the rest of the night.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7967
good luck trying to hit 160. that is an awesome number and if you do it, you are the sh!t man.

btw please don't knock btl sq unless you have heard it in a very nice install. honestly, my btl's sound better than my re sx i had. also if you read about alot of people who uses btl were all surprised how awesome the sq sounded.

Silver Member
Username: Dmm2005

DD Audio ORION, Warren Count... USA

Post Number: 340
i havent heard them myself but i think what ive been hearing bad about the SQ is in purely SPL setups, and to play with 160s he will def. have to do that, not that the DDs would sound much better purely spl though

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7969
you're right. he will have to build a pure spl box even to come close to 160db.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3401
ya dont expect it to sound good and hit that hard u have to give one to get the other and u prob not (gonna say its impossible) but get it play music at 160 maybe u can get a test tone but highly doubtful either way i think 150's would b more of a goal

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1464
160 is quite a reach. and yea i thinking the same thing charlie just said. if your gonna hit 160 then its not gonna sound too great. drop down to 150 and build from there. 150 is still a impressive number. 160 would be awesome tho.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1472
didnt bump for me

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Im pushing i... And pushing ...

Post Number: 2935
wow 160 db's.

but hey go with two atomic apx it will be around 800 for both 15 :-)

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2148
your not going to hit 160dB and hit low.. those are two different complexes.. not to mention your not going to sound goot with at 160.. are you trying to compete or do you just want to be insanely loud?

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 767
im more trying to just make it insanly loud and not sound like trash but sound decent still, btw, when it goes lower it gets louder... atleast it seems like it to me and looked like it on the meter i used.. but anyways i aint really trying to compete but i will if all goes well. I already know im going with a SPL setup to reach my DB goal but for SQ i was refering to it getting low and not to sloppy (better then thhings like kicker and like power acoustic) my pa's pop when they get too low and kickers are just muddy...u get my point.. i want somthing that is still atleast going to give me some sharp notes still im not going for complete SQ just somthing that i cant play as low as i want without problems and it being insanely loud

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 768
^what it dooo dooo mayneeee

I got grapes

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 769
cant play as low as i want
CAN lol

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 770
....btw i was also meaning to say....... if im building a new box 15s can be a option to if they dont sound like trash..

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Premier...

Post Number: 10127
y not get 2 fully loaded BTLs & still have some $ left over ....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us