Amp Suggestions please

Username: Ryanbergeron234

Post Number: 1
I posted this on several other site and got no replys, i notice alot of active members on here so i figured id give it a shoot. I am about to purchase two kicker comp vx 12s, I would like to know if i should get the 2 ohms or the 4 ohms. I honestly dont know wha that is.

The second problem i have is i do not know what amp to hook them too. I heard good things about the boss mono amps and they are in my price range. I do not want to spend more than $225 on the amp.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been wanted to buy everything for a couple weeks now but i want to make sure im gettin the right stuff first.

Thanks in advannce

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1681
Word to the wise: BOSS IS JUNK! They do not put out the power they say and have terrible build quality. Get the dual 2 ohm version that way you can wire them for a single 2 ohm load. Buy a mono amp that does 1500 watts RMS @ 2-ohms.}

Bronze Member
Username: Nolimiy

Post Number: 40
BOSS is definetely not the way to go - cheap in the short run but when that stuff breaks you'll have to replace it - expensive in the long run. With most amps, there's always a reason why they're more expensive. Not very helpful but I'd try to save up some more money before buying an amp that can push that kind of wattage. If thats the price you're set on let me know - I'll help you find some amps, even if I'd never consider using them myself.

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1022
the dvc 4's would be more cost effective IMO since there are more big power amps designed for 1 ohm loads (which you can get with a pair of dual 4's) vs. a 2 ohm load (which you'd get with a pair of dual 2's)

I get thrown under the bus on a regular basis for making this recommendation but ---

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lanzar-Car-Mono-Block-2000W-Digital-Amplifier-AMP-AMPS_W0QQi temZ230056718454QQihZ013QQcategoryZ18797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

you just won't find more power for the price, and those budget Lanzar class D's are respectable budget amps outside this forum.
It's not the greatest, and it probably won't last you a lifetime, but it's a decent amp, and a year from now when you're ready to upgrade you'll probably be able to sell it for close to what you paid.

Also - you might check out Hifonics' brutus amps. The bx1500d, bx1205d, bx1605d, bxi1206d and bxi 1606d would all get the job done and you should be able to find one on ebay in your price range.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5749
Sorry Optidriven, but there will be no running over by bus this time. They're on Christmast holiday schedule.
Before you fork over your money, call Lanzar for support ask them if it's really 2000w. Something doesn't add up. It appears they're making up numbers.

1x800W RMS at 4 OHMS.
1x1400W Max at 2 OHMS <--- Notice how they dropped RMS?
1x2000W at 1.3 OHMS <--- Here, they don't even try.

That's how Pyramid and Sony advertise.

Gold Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1024
actually the manual states 1000rms at 1.3, but according to various tests at termpro it's a good 1200w. Some spl comparisons have it closer to 1500.

Easy to see it's not a weak amp - at least physically.

Gold Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1025
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3571
^^^^^hehe. I'd pick the hifonics 1606D because he needs 1500w rms but for the budget i really agree there's nothing better.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us