Best Low Budget Components

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 1756
Looking for the best 6.5" Component sets.. $200 or less. Here are a few I pulled up..

Diamond D6
http://cgi.ebay.com/Diamond-Audio-D661-6-5-2-Way-Component-Speakers-NEW-05_W0QQi temZ250052371321QQihZ015QQcategoryZ18799QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
DLS MS6A
http://cgi.ebay.com/DLS-MS6A-6-5-2-WAY-COMPONENT-SPEAKERS-MAGNESIUM-NEW-06_W0QQi temZ250052372647QQihZ015QQcategoryZ32819QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Boston Acoustics SL60
http://cgi.ebay.com/Boston-Acoustics-SL60-6-5-Car-Component-Speaker-System_W0QQi temZ280052128267QQihZ018QQcategoryZ32819QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Infinity Kappa Perfect
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-INFINITY-KAPPA-PERFECT-6-1-6-COMPONENT-SET-6-5_W0QQitemZ 260056821204QQihZ016QQcategoryZ32819QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Focal Access 165 A1
http://cgi.ebay.com/Focal-Access-165-A1-6-5-2Way-Component-Speaker-NEW_W0QQitemZ 150061995603QQihZ005QQcategoryZ18800QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Crystal CPE60s
http://cgi.ebay.com/CRYSTAL-CPE60s-6-5-INCH-COMPONENT-SPEAKER-SYSTEM-NEW_W0QQite mZ140057644720QQihZ004QQcategoryZ38646QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
A/D/S 346cs
http://cgi.ebay.com/ADS-A-D-S-346cs-6-5-COMPONENT-SPEAKER-SET-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitem Z280053555661QQihZ018QQcategoryZ14943QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
CDT CL-61
http://cgi.ebay.com/CDT-Audio-CL-61-6-1-2-Component-System-CL61-SALE_W0QQitemZ15 0063502792QQihZ005QQcategoryZ32819QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Morel Pulse
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Morel-Pulse-6-5-Car-Stereo-Speakers_W0QQitemZ27005990454 6QQihZ017QQcategoryZ18799QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I know I skipped quite a few others so if there is something better for the price please post it. So.. which would you pick for the money?

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10466
Crystal Sscs

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

SubBassMidBass

Post Number: 9131
i had previously said MS6 ftw, but the ecoustics server was being ghey. so Ms6 ftw. heard some in a mazda miata, they have very agressive kickbass, and that warm DLS sound:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1757
I've been hearing good stuff about the a/d/s 346cs as well..

i am willing to build my own set.. dayton for the tweets.. but as far as the mids and cross-overs.. im open

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 431
Diamond or DLS but all of those are nice choices

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3132
ads for 200 bucks cant be beaten for the 200 im telling u trust me lol

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3133
whatever u do dont buy anything from indoaudio the guy scams a lot of people. but the focals are cr#p for that kind of money unless ur getting the upper models id say stay away from moral and focal. the infinity's arent bad i have a thing about hating diamond so ya lol but mhh ive heard to many mixed reviews on the cdt's also so not sure there the boston's according to many people they lack mid bass but sound nice

Gold Member

Post Number: 1758
so far the a/d/s seem to be the choice.. are there any comps i left out that would fit the budget and sound as good or better than what is listed?

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3136
umm maybe ed ive heard the aa ones are nice for the $$$ but for 200 id def go with ads

Gold Member

Post Number: 1763
guess a/d/s it will be.. now I've gotta hope someone will get them for me for Christmas unless I can sell me amp :-) .. lol

Silver Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 893
i dont like that real high tsss tsss tsss! i love the way the new crossfire comps sound not too high pitch and really smooth

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1657
Too bad Kevin you missed the REAL good deal on the A/D/S 346cs's. I got mine for 134 shipped off ebay, brand new in box! Unfortunately they are just sitting on my floor in my room right now.... :-(

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3208
kevin just get the ads like ive been telling u for like a week man lol 200 shipped how can u beat that seriously

Silver Member
Username: Pike110

12w6v2s, Indianapolis...

Post Number: 276
How are the mids on the ads's? Do they compare to the dls's?

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10518
lol...imo those ads dont sound all that hot...but maybe its just me...

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7449
save some money and get some focal utopias later. you will thank me. i think you can find a set for around $650

Gold Member

Post Number: 1801
well im not buying now.. just doing some research for later on.. but since your not using them isaac ill take them off your hands :-) .. $150 shipped

but now plans have kind of fell into place.. I'm about to pick me up another BEtter Audio 1600M1/RE35.1 .. then soon another RE SX 15" .. so I'll have to have a frontstage loud enough to be heard over those two subs.. factory locations but I might angle the subs in the door to re-stage it better

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3224
lucky man

Gold Member

Post Number: 1807

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7456
nice

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 4132
Kevin i have a new set of A/D/S 346cs's that i bought from the12vkings on ebay and ill sell them to you for $150 shipped. I decided to use a differant set and these are still in the box. LEt me know man.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1826
Man I really wish I could.. my bro and parents are splitting the diff on that amp for a present. only way I can afford that. Only way I'll have money is If I sell my amp or box .. or talk my fiances mom into picking those up for me :-) .. I'll see if I can get the funds some how.. I would seriously love to get them though .. and they are 6.5 correct?!

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 4134
Yeah chauncey is offering me $140 for them but i whould like $150 at least since im doing free shipping not to mention paypal's fees.

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

8======D , 18 of love Fi Audio

Post Number: 605
MO I want those lol. I can't right now but give me a few weeks and I'll for sure take them

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10530
2 late....

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10532
having money is neat

Gold Member

Post Number: 1828
chauncey.. you should donate them to me :-) .. you have enough already.. or buy them and sell them to me for 150 .. youll make 10 bucks :-)

i beg of you.. help me get away from my stock components mang! my budget now goes for diapers and formula so i have to depend on gifts :-) .. i'd give you a copy of BBP6 for your trouble :-)

Silver Member

8======D , 18 of love Fi Audio

Post Number: 609
but i need them more!!! lol. not having a front stage sucks...

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10533
hmmm.......not sure...my fiancA©'s ride really needs some nice comps...we will see.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1830
i can't even hear my front stage.. all factory with a 15 SX wanging in the back.. pssssh ..

Silver Member

18 of loveFi Audio

Post Number: 611
I at least have 6x9's in the back, but i'm tired of hearing them over my front lol. well you had dibs over me so if chauncey decides not to purchase them then they're all yours if you can get em

Gold Member

Post Number: 1831
i'd know tomorrow if i would not be able too.. i have to rely on my fiances mom as a possible christmas present.. i just can't afford it.. unless maybe someone buys my amp

hey chauncey.. how about you buy those.. and trade me partial for my recoil.. i know you were interested at one point.. i posted a pic compared to an eD Nine.1 .. it was shocked at the diff :-)

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3246
hey chauncey i thought u hated ads ur always downing them

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10535
yeah there not all that..but supply and demand

Gold Member

Post Number: 1832
so chauncey ... how does that sound?! you but the a/d/s comps.. then you partial trade it for my amp.. ill even give you a copy of bbp6 .. come on.. new born.. im broke :-) .. she is a beautiful lil girl though..

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4092427

you can't say no to that now.. :-)

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3248
look shes so cute

ur a lucky man kev

Gold Member

Post Number: 1840
yeah.. shes beautiful.. thanks :-)

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7477
kevin check your email. i replied to your email from yesterday.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1850
awesome thanks... and thats no prop :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1853
thinking about trying to get these... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CRYSTAL-CPE60s-6-5-INCH-COMPONENT-SPEAKER-SYSTEM- NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38646QQihZ004QQitemZ140058671025QQrdZ1

chauncey seems to have lost interest after his first post of interest

MO.. be interested in trading partial for an amp!?

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10539
those are really good budget comps but the SSCS's are top 3 under $400....and there like 150-160 shipped...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1864
the only problem is I don't have 150-160 :-( ... Gotta get rid of this amp before I have the money or have someone trade me some comps + money for it..

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10540
its a nice amp...but the guy i no that wanted it...bought something else

Gold Member

Post Number: 1865
you could always buy it and re-sell it :-)

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10543
I would but...u see how hard it is for u to sell it in the first place

Gold Member

Post Number: 1868
yea.. but no one here is in the market.. not to mention everyone where I live goes by what the amp says so they end up getting no-name amps that say 2000watts! .. lmfao .. well you can send me $30 for a copy of BBP6 :-) .. if I raise enough money I'll be able to buy some comps without selling my amp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us