Box Builders

Silver Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 853
Well ive decided to try and build a box out of mdf for my trunk instead of the fiberglass route. I was gonna have a guy do the fiberglass but I think i can get it done with MDF. It will just be shaped odd. The box will need to be shaped like a T. Ive included a picture to try and show you what i have to work with. My MAX depth i can do is 14" i didnt include that in the pic. Could someone take a looke at what i have to work with he help me design a box for 1 15" BTL. Looking for 4.0cuft@35hz or so. Any help would be appreciated guys. Thanks

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1817
with those dimensions ur not gunna get 4 cuft net. my box is 37.5 wide x 16 high x 17 deep external and that box is gunna be like 1 cuft smaller. and thats not counting sub displace or port displace

Silver Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 854
3.955+2.002=5.957 is what i come up with gross if i got 14" tall. what do you come up with?

Silver Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 855
what i did was just cut the box where it "T"s off and figured each chanber seperat and just added them together.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 1812
That is what I got.. but you never mentioned what size ports.. for two ports 10x3 then would have to be 27.84inches long to tune to 35hz... I'd suggest just running 1 port and loose the eye candy :-)

two 8x3 ports would have to be 17 inches long

Silver Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 857
i dont know the port sizes i dont know what would be the best. Im a noob box builder. lol

Silver Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 858
what i could do for the port is use the far left wall of the encloure to do my port make it 15x4 to give me 60sq in of port.How long would that need to be?

Silver Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 859
also where would you guys recommend that i brace this?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1813
14.5x3.25x15.88 - 62 square inches

going buy your picure..

O = Subwoofer.. ' = Brace

.o. <--- .. one of each side of the sub.. mostly where there is a lot of open space and has no baffle/wall near it for support.. of course not as close shown by the ghetto pic but you get the idea

Silver Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 860
well i kept diggin on my trunk and taking stuff out and i can fit a box that is LxWxH 32x27x14 which equals 5.63 gross. Its ugly in the trunk now but thats ok with me cause after the box is done i will have the guy thats gonna do my fiberglass make it look good like this trunk.

Upload

Now with this who can help me with the port that i would need and such. want it tuned to 35hz with 16Sqin of port per cube

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

8======D 18 of love

Post Number: 598
thats beautiful... lol

Silver Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 861
Anyone :D

Gold Member

Post Number: 1834
you make me sad :-( .. i posted what i came up with but if you want a copy of BBP6 i'd sell you one for 30 :-)

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

18Sx, UsA USA

Post Number: 327
hey kevin curious how much rms u throwing on ur sx

Silver Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 862
i then changed my dimension and i didnt know if it changed :-(

Gold Member

Post Number: 1835
well I've been told my amp does 1800rms @ 14 volts... so anywhere between 1600-1800rms :-)

buy a copy of BBP6 .. help me raise some funds for components :-) .. then you can mess with it heh

Silver Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 863
well i just searched for 2 minutes and found a copy of it to download lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us