What is wrong now?

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 379
Ok idk what the problem is now my amp goes into protection mode everytime the bass hits so i tried to reground it but it still does it. So then i just relized when I put my music on pause the amp still goes into protection mode its green for like 1 second then rightaway goes into protection mode. If i listen carfully i can hear like a popping sound everytime the amp goes into protection.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 380
the popping noise sounds like the amp is trying to power the subs but then just instantly shuts off no matter how loud the music is on and even if the music is on pause.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4330
it sounds like a bad ground, but if ur absolutely sure that its not the ground then i dunno. first, turn the gain down on the amp, and we'll go from there

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 381
i did turn the gain almost all the way down and bass boost also allthe way down and as soon as i try to turn the bass knob on a little bit it shuts off again. How can i find a good ground idk where to look.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 382
i did turn the gain almost all the way down and bass boost also allthe way down and as soon as i try to turn the bass knob on a little bit it shuts off again. How can i find a good ground idk where to look. Do u think the amp could be fried

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 340
you check your voltage?

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 383
no how do i do that i have nothing to check it with

Silver Member

Post Number: 342
you need to get ahold of a digital multimeter.... check voltage on your battery, and check it on amp..

possible that your alternator could be pooched and the amp is going into protect because not enough volts getting to it...

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 385
the voltage with my car on for my battery is like 13.9-14 volts it has a thing on my headunit cuz i have the pioneer premier 780 and it shows all that stuff

Silver Member

Post Number: 346
wouldnt trust that stuff ...
best to get a DMM
if you cant get a DMM
find a friend that has an amp already hooked up, and try just a simple amp swap to see if yours works in his vehicle...

Silver Member

Post Number: 349
didnt bump

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4332
the best thing to do would be to find a friend that already has an amp in his car, swap it out wit yours, and see if its your amp (this is to rule out ur amp isnt mess-up)

i dont think that it will be your alternator not suppllying enough volts, but you can do what tyler said just to make sure and check what ur voltage is at the amp when the music is on, and then what ur volts are at the batt and compare. Those HU's are pretty accurate tho, usually + or - .5 MAX

where do you have your amp grounded right now?

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4335
does this not fckin BUMP!!

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 386
i have it grounded to a bolt in my trunk on the side. thats where its been for like 4 months and worked great but all of a sudden it started to act up so idk if i need to ground it somewhere else or if maybe the amp is messed up.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 388
bump

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 389
bump

Gold Member