Jensen 9311ts with xm

Username: Code2medic

Post Number: 1
Hey guys this is my first post and im looking for alittle help

Just brought a jensen 9311ts great little unit. i also picked up the terkxm1000 which was recommended by crutchfield to work. heres the problem

I installed everthing and connect the xm to the media box all i get is the preview channel so some reason i cant change the channel via direct channel input or by hitting the channel up on the screen the only action that the head up does is stay on the preview channel and it will say loading but never does anything.

Is this a issue with the xm box or the head unit. and help would be great

Thanks
tom

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 315
This may be a stupid question, but did you call or go on line and activate/subscribe to the XM service? They have to activate the box in order for it to work.

Post Number: 2
^^^^^^^^^^^^ Of course i did and activated it had called about 6 times for the refresh signal. Its one of two things either the head unit or the xm1000 reciever

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 318
I hope you didn't take offense. I wasn't trying to insult your intelegence, you'd be surprised how many people think it's a plug and play deal.

To try and clarify, did you get the universal XMD1000, or the Jensen specific model? Crutchfield doesn't list the XMD1000 as being compatible with Jensen (though that doesn't mean it's not). It seems odd that you'd get a signal, but not a useable one. Either way, it sounds to me like an issue with the XM reciever, not the head unit. If you actualy purchased through Crutchfield, don't hesitate to give them a call or shoot them an email as they have great customer service and can walk you through pretty much any issue.

Post Number: 3
Insulted non take. You got it tho if you look at the 9311ts and select accessories it list that as being the one to work with it. I made contact with them but they stated to call back monday and they will contact the vendor. But did not tell me if it was wrong or not. So Anyone with a 9311ts have any idea what xm reciever is compatible with the head unit
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us